PDA

View Full Version : Since Party is the WORST, who's the BEST for MTTs?

SoBeDude
04-20-2005, 12:15 PM
Since there's a thread on Party being the worst MTT site, I'm curious of opinions in the opposite direction.

Which site(s) do you all think has the BEST MTT structure? I like slow levels that climb in small increments. And I do prefer Antes.

Stars seems be pretty solid. But they seem to be the only site that only puts 9 ppl on a table.

UB has a solid structure as well, as the binds aren't monsters later in the tourney.

Paradise climbs too quickly and the final 2 tables are a crapshoot. They also don't start players with enough chips in their bigger tournies like the 100K, and it also needs longer levels. (But I do well there for some reason)

What about sites like Bodog, Full Tilt, Absolute, etc? Any of these have great MTT formats that I haven't heard about?

-Scott

Simplistic
04-20-2005, 01:36 PM
Partypoker - low chips, blind structure is ok, no ante
Pokerroom - 1500 chips, decent blind structure, no ante, usually a low number of entries, 200-400 for most tourneys, 20k guaranteed usually has about 700.
Pokerstars - 1500 chips, good blind structure, antes, huge # of entrants per tourney. great site.
Ultimatebet - 2000 chips, good blind structure. smaller amount of entries ala pokerroom.

meow_meow
04-20-2005, 02:20 PM
Empire is just like party, except that the levels are 20 minutes instead of 15, which makes quite a difference. Also, the tourneys are smaller - which might be a good thing if you like that, and most importantly the guaranteed tourneys (of which there are several daily), almost always have overlays.

Jurollo
04-20-2005, 02:54 PM
Full tilt, deep stack, slow blinds with antes, ideal mtt site for solid players

Pokerroom doesn't have a good blind structure either, in fact, it is one of the fastest
~Justin

Edit:
<-----Wow, officially a Pooh-Bah now, sweeeet!

Benal
04-20-2005, 03:00 PM
I actually prefer Party's MTT structure over Stars.

ZBTHorton
04-20-2005, 03:05 PM
FT, Party, and Stars are the best.

PR has a horrible one, but they also in my opinion have the worst MTT players.

Mad Genius1
04-20-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Full tilt, deep stack, slow blinds with antes, ideal mtt site for solid players

Pokerroom doesn't have a good blind structure either, in fact, it is one of the fastest
~Justin

Edit:
<-----Wow, officially a Pooh-Bah now, sweeeet!

[/ QUOTE ]

Can anyone post the FT MTT structure here?

MisterBlonde
04-20-2005, 04:13 PM
I just opend up an account there and I'm planing to play the $109 today.
The structure is the following: starting chips 2000, 10 min lvls.
15/30
20/40
25/50
30/60
40/80
and so on, antes from lvl 10 on.

Mad Genius1
04-20-2005, 04:43 PM
10min levels? That seems pretty fast, Stars has 15min and sometimes I feel that it's still not enough. But the slow escalation of the blinds themselves seems like a good idea.

DonButtons
04-20-2005, 04:51 PM
Full tilt is more for the aggressive player, the blinds/antes are nice to steal.

Apathy
04-20-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Empire is just like party, except that the levels are 20 minutes instead of 15, which makes quite a difference. Also, the tourneys are smaller - which might be a good thing if you like that, and most importantly the guaranteed tourneys (of which there are several daily), almost always have overlays.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is no longer true, the blind levels at Empire are now 15 minutes.

Jurollo
04-20-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
10min levels? That seems pretty fast, Stars has 15min and sometimes I feel that it's still not enough. But the slow escalation of the blinds themselves seems like a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]
The 10 minute levels are indeed fast but they never double, and go up real slow, very manageable structure.
~Justin