PDA

View Full Version : Mid pair monotone board?

TMFS9
04-20-2005, 11:57 AM
The blinds in this hand were TAGS ~ 22/15 and utg was a loose passive, the poster is unknown. I was planning on checking the flop through and re-evaluating the turn but when the poster lead into me it messed that plan up. I thought about folding, but my general feel of these "happy"bets generally means a draw and I felt it gave the opportunity to try to knock out utg. So I raised with the plan of checking the turn (i would've of folded to a turn bet or a flop 3 bet of course) and checkcalling any non heart river, thoughts?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $5.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, CO calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, Hero checks.

River: (5.70 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.70 BB

stigmata
04-20-2005, 12:06 PM
I wouldn't normally raise this preflop after a limper + poster, although I can see the case for raising.

I like the flop raise. I bet the turn (folding to a raise), and then check the river through. We don't want him rivering his flush for free....

TMFS9
04-20-2005, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't normally raise this preflop after a limper + poster, although I can see the case for raising.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't a poster and the fact that he has already checked make more of a case for raising preflop? Also I mentioned that the blinds were tight which without a semi strong hand they probably weren't coming along. So with a lot of potentially dead money in the pot shouldn't your range of raising hands widen here?

stigmata
04-20-2005, 01:40 PM
That's exactly what I meant by "I can see the case for raising" /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

On the other hand, it's a marginal holding against two opponents (cos you know the donk who just posted at a 6-max table is gonna call with anything). Also, your hand has some multi-way value, so encouraging the blinds along is not neccessarily a bad thing. Also, the hand has very little showdown value in a HU confrontation. Therefore - gasp - I might even limp here.

However, I could be completely wrong. Although I do think it's a pretty close decision.

TMFS9
04-20-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Although I do think it's a pretty close decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree and the impact is probably negligible either way.