PDA

View Full Version : 20k Check Up: Still Not A TAG

threei
04-20-2005, 11:45 AM
When I first got pt I fired it up and was surprised to discover that I was a calling station. I had a nice win rate, 3.2 over 30k hands. I came here and started reading and learning what I could. Playing 10k hands after I came here I was a TAP. Now after playing 20k hands since coming to 2+2 I'm still a TAP. I try to bet and raise whenever I feel its right. I bet my good draws, OESD and 4 flush. I will raise if I have position and there are already a few callers. However, if there's a bet and then I'm next to act I will just call with my draws.I don't want to isolate myself and the original bettor when I'm on a draw. I always raise TPTK. I know I should be more aggressive on the flop then on the turn, but for some reason my stats don't show this. I will bet my sets on the flop, but I usually wait until the turn to raise if I'm bet in to, unless its a dangerous board. Any help with leaks you may see in my stats or how I can become more aggressive would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/t/h/threei/ptstats.JPG

ArturiusX
04-20-2005, 11:48 AM
Weird stats. 18 VPIP but 45% from the sb? Are you completing any two? PFR is seriously low, should be about half VPIP minimum as a general rule (so 9+ in your case).

Your aggression is weird after 20000 hands. You need to push more edges on flops. Not many river value bets either.

Won at showdown suggests you're running well.

ArturiusX
04-20-2005, 11:49 AM
Also, fast playing sets won;t raise your aggression, it happens so infrequently. 3-beting and capping your good holdings on the flop will.

Post some hands, stats are pretty meaningless without hands.

davelin
04-20-2005, 11:49 AM
Your PFR% and agression stats show that you are way not aggressive enough.

bottomset
04-20-2005, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your PFR% and agression stats show that you are way not aggressive enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah you need to be raising about twice as many hands preflop as you are

GrunchCan
04-20-2005, 12:39 PM
Are these stats filtered to reflect only your latest play?

Marquis
04-20-2005, 01:33 PM
You only raise AA 91% of the time. That says a lot.

chris_a
04-20-2005, 01:51 PM
Always remember that

AF = (Number of Bets + Number of Raises)/(Number of Calls)

You can deflate your AF just by calling too much even if you are betting and raising the proper amount. Look into that.

threei
04-20-2005, 02:37 PM
Where should my vp from sb be? I play any connectors and one gappers, any two suited, any ace, plus the good hands. I knew my pfr was low, but didn't know it should be about half my vpip. Looks like I will have to find more places to raise, I guess I don't feel comfortable raising with hands like ATo or even ATs from mp. Should I ever raise pp 8s or lower?

What are some good AF ranges for flop, turn and river?

These stats are my last 20k+ hands since coming to 2+2 and working on changing my game.

The only times I don't raise AA is if I'm first in from lp and its a tight game or the players in front of me are tight. In a situation where I am fairly sure I will only pick up the blinds if I raise, I will limp with AA and risk it.

OrangeKing
04-20-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Where should my vp from sb be? I play any connectors and one gappers, any two suited, any ace, plus the good hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
Any two suited is fine, but cut the connectors/one gappers (assuming they're low-medium connectors/gappers - obviously you want to be playing your broadway hands), and the weak outsuit aces. That should bring your to a more reasonable number.

It looks like you're very rarely attempting to steal the blinds when you have the chance. Get more agressive in LP, and you'll bring up that PFR% a bit. You're probably missing out on some other raises as well (ATs in MP is a good example, and ATo in LP if you're not raising it already), but that's probably a good portion of your deficit there.

I'll agree with everyone else as well, and say post some hands! You'll get a lot more specific advice that way. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Edit: It also looks like you're coldcalling way too much, although it's hard to say since we can only see your top 5 hands. If someone raises in front of you and you have AK, you should be reraising, not calling two bets.

threei
04-20-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where should my vp from sb be? I play any connectors and one gappers, any two suited, any ace, plus the good hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
Any two suited is fine, but cut the connectors/one gappers (assuming they're low-medium connectors/gappers - obviously you want to be playing your broadway hands), and the weak outsuit aces. That should bring your to a more reasonable number.

It looks like you're very rarely attempting to steal the blinds when you have the chance. Get more agressive in LP, and you'll bring up that PFR% a bit. You're probably missing out on some other raises as well (ATs in MP is a good example, and ATo in LP if you're not raising it already), but that's probably a good portion of your deficit there.

I'll agree with everyone else as well, and say post some hands! You'll get a lot more specific advice that way. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So 67o is fold from the sb, or does it depend on how many ppl limp?

kapw7
04-20-2005, 03:02 PM
What's wrong with this? How can this be a serious leak?

olavfo
04-20-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are these stats filtered to reflect only your latest play?

[/ QUOTE ]
How do you do that in PT? If you want to calculate stats for, say, only the last 10k hands.

olavfo

kapw7
04-20-2005, 03:18 PM
You win rate is very good so you don't do something terribly wrong. Adding to other comments: Your WWSF is very low given your tightness, so you fold too easy. However you look very loose PF on the blinds by calling as SB or defending. This cannot be profitable if you are not VERY agressive post-flop.

imported_leader
04-20-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When I first got pt I fired it up and was surprised to discover that I was a calling station. I had a nice win rate, 3.2 over 30k hands. I came here and started reading and learning what I could. Playing 10k hands after I came here I was a TAP. Now after playing 20k hands since coming to 2+2 I'm still a TAP. I try to bet and raise whenever I feel its right. I bet my good draws, OESD and 4 flush. I will raise if I have position and there are already a few callers. However, if there's a bet and then I'm next to act I will just call with my draws.I don't want to isolate myself and the original bettor when I'm on a draw. I always raise TPTK. I know I should be more aggressive on the flop then on the turn, but for some reason my stats don't show this. I will bet my sets on the flop, but I usually wait until the turn to raise if I'm bet in to, unless its a dangerous board. Any help with leaks you may see in my stats or how I can become more aggressive would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]
There are some stats that seem a little weird like VPiP in SB and PFR, but you’re making 4.5 BB/100. If it isn't broke, don't fix it. I'd still like to see your PFR go up thou. How much are you losing from the SB, BTW?

Isura
04-20-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You only raise AA 91% of the time. That says a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if pokertracker considers it raising if you raise (or reraise) but someone else caps. My only explanation..

davelin
04-20-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's wrong with this? How can this be a serious leak?

[/ QUOTE ]

It just means overall that the OP is probably not taking advantage of equity raises/plays.

threei
04-20-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Edit: It also looks like you're coldcalling way too much, although it's hard to say since we can only see your top 5 hands. If someone raises in front of you and you have AK, you should be reraising, not calling two bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here are my top 20 hands as sorted by bb/100. There are some strange ones in there though, like k5s.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/t/h/threei/hands.JPG

davelin
04-20-2005, 03:42 PM
You cold-call with AQo and AJo too much I'd say...

threei
04-20-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How do you do that in PT? If you want to calculate stats for, say, only the last 10k hands.

olavfo

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you can. I filtered from a specific date.

[ QUOTE ]
How much are you losing from the SB, BTW?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm down 147.31 from the sb, -.06 bb/100.

[ QUOTE ]
You cold-call with AQo and AJo too much I'd say...

[/ QUOTE ]
Should I fold these to a pf raiser if I respect his raise then? Should I reraise if its a LAA?

GrunchCan
04-20-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You win rate is very good so you don't do something terribly wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't equate winrate to skill too much.

kapw7
04-20-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You win rate is very good so you don't do something terribly wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't equate winrate to skill too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't. Do you know any bad players that can do +4.5 BB/100 over 20000 hands? I'm only saying he's not bad.

What about my comment that there might be something wrong with his blind play? Would you agree?