PDA

View Full Version : All You Guys Make Much More Sense Now!!!

SnglMaltScotch
04-20-2005, 10:23 AM
I have been playing for about a year and seriously since the beginning of February when I invested in PT and began studying my game and reading posts. For most of the past year, I played at UB mostly for fun but definitely trying to do my best. At the beginning of April, I decided to take my $1,000 ($400 for playing/$600 for maximizing bonuses) on the road and begin doing a little whoring. Wow, were my eyes opened. I began at Party and have now continued on Empire. OMG, are Party/Empire/UB playing the same game. There are things going on at Party/Empire on a regular basis that I have NEVER seen at UB:

-I won with AK UI against 2 players at showdown twice just last night. One “player” even showed T8 UI. I can probably count on one hand the number of times that has happened at UB in the PAST YEAR.
-My GT+ is set to show stats in green if your VPIP is >25%. I multi-tabled at 3 tables last night where EVERYONE was green. All 27 players. Crazy.
-I have played at several tables with 6-7 fish according to my PT autorate. I was lucky if I could find a table at UB with 2 fish.
-I played in at least 3 pots last night that EVERYONE called preflop. All 10!! I can’t even begin to comprehend that happening on UB.
-I have seen countless number of people with VPIP in the 80s. Often times there are several of these people at the same table.
-Trying to find a table with a VPIP >30 was very difficult. Now I have multiple tables to choose from with VPIP >40.

So I guess what I have learned from this experience is this.
1. You need to REALLY get used to bad beats. If I lose one more time to a 47o rivered gutshot straight after a preflop raise, I am probably going to need a new mouse.
2. Holy Variance: with that many people seeing every flop, if you are running bad you are going to lose a lot of money in a hurry.
3. You really have to change your starting requirements. Unsuited Broadways go way down… pairs and suited connectors go way up. You must also loosen up your starting requirement but must choose the correct additions.
4. Don’t feel that because 2-3 people are calling you all the way down, that they are strong. They are often time calling down with bottom pair or some crazy draw. That takes a good amount of adjustment.
5. Bluffing is generally a bad idea.
6. Value Bet, Value Bet, Value Bet!!!

So I guess the most important lesson that I have learned is that if you are playing anywhere but at a Party Skin… STOP!!!! but most of you already knew that anyway.

Thanks for reading