PDA

View Full Version : Holla sets up VaTech14 (and gets sucked out on... ugh - LC)

kevstreet
04-20-2005, 09:57 AM
Caveat: Sorry Raptor, I know you would never run a Bad Beat post.

Anyway, after reading about VaTech14 yesterday I decided to sit in and watch him play for a little while last night. He's definitely a very solid player! In fact he was up a lot last night when he sat in on another $1000 table. Holla set him up perfectly for all his chips w/ pocket Aces against VaTech's pocket 9s only to get jobbed when VaTech hit his set on the river.

I play on the $11-$33 tables and I feel like smashing my hand through the window when that happens to me, I give all of you guys a lot of credit for maintaining sanity when that happens on the bigger tables. I was actually feeling a little nervous for Raptor, do you big stakes guys ever get nervous playing on the $200 & $1000 tables?

Nice playing Raptor, sorry about the horrible beat but way to keep your composure!! That was just bad luck!

As for VaTech, he actually apologized for the suck out and I believe he finished second.

citanul
04-20-2005, 11:26 AM
i get antsy more than i get nervous, but when i decide to take a crack at the 1000s, which i am not comfortably for me bankrolled for online, i sometimes get nervous in key situations. for a long time, i didn't play the 200s just because the thought of my bankroll changing by 4 digit amounts CONSTANTLY really terrified me. but the bottom line is that you have to be comfortable with losing all the money you put in a game if you are going to play well. so be careful when moving up stakes, because playing nervous and scared is just another way of playing badly.

citanul

kevstreet
04-20-2005, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
playing nervous and scared is just another way of playing badly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great point Citanul. Sometimes when I venture up to the $50s I play a little cautious, I kind of play not to lose rather than to win and I think it hampers my play.

raptor517
04-21-2005, 12:47 AM
no matter the stakes, i feel i play the same level of game online. live i get kinda nervous sometimes, but being online and kinda far from it seems to help me keep my composure. holla

TruFloridaGator
04-21-2005, 01:25 AM
Build your roll maybe a few extra buy-ins then, give yourself a comfort factor so you can play fearless again.