PDA

View Full Version : Profiling Useful at the Low Limit Hold' Em Tables?

TomBrooks
04-20-2005, 09:38 AM
How useful if at all, have you found profiling players at the Low Limit Hold'Em tables to make any assumptions about the likelihood of their quality or style of play? I.e. Strong, weak, loose, tight, aggressive, passive.

If so, what criteria do you use, what tendencies do you associate with it, and how reliable do you consider it? (I.e. Age, gender, style of dress, apparent wealth, sexual preference, race, cultural background, place of origin (i.e. Northeast, Southern, etc., urban, suburban, rural), country of origin, out-of-towners versus locals, other?

Have you found profiling techniques useful only for table selection, for assisting in extended play, or both. /images/graemlins/spade.gif

IronDragon1
04-20-2005, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How useful if at all, have you found profiling players at the Low Limit Hold'Em tables to make any assumptions about the likelihood of their quality or style of play? I.e. Strong, weak, loose, tight, aggressive, passive.

If so, what criteria do you use, what tendencies do you associate with it, and how reliable do you consider it? (I.e. Age, gender, style of dress, apparent wealth, sexual preference, race, cultural background, place of origin (i.e. Northeast, Southern, etc., urban, suburban, rural), country of origin, out-of-towners versus locals, other?

Have you found profiling techniques useful only for table selection, for assisting in extended play, or both. /images/graemlins/spade.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They all suck.