PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone tricky at Partys 6max NL25?

Rickyroodido
04-20-2005, 09:25 AM
Hi!

I was watching a very interesting NL 400$ (6max) game yesterday. There was two big stackes, one of them had a screenname of "Rock" or something which seemed to be true. And the other was a very tricky player who almost convinced me that he came straight from the playmoney tables to this midstak-game. The other four players didnt stand out aspecially, they protected their hands as normal and tried to punish weakness...
The interesting thing about it was the tricky player who had alot of gimmicks going on:

He faked being on tilt by calling big raises, and chating "im allin, i dont care", most of the time he lied thought. But once in a while, when everybody seemed weak he went allin. These manipulative action was very nice executed and I thought for a while that he was for real.

When there was a new player seating he began reshaping a table image, the donkey. Coldcalled raises and underbet pots. Made terrible bluffs. And lied about every single hand in the chatbox. My favorite: "I have 48, not that great".

Then al of a sudden he stopped fooling around, creating great deception and taking down a big pot.

Does anyone play like this? I would like to, but I play NL25, those players isnt aware enought, are they? Any gimmick tip suitable for the 25 tables?!

I want to enjoy myself!

sourbeaver
04-20-2005, 09:55 AM
I am.

edit: nah, there's not much trickiness to go around in these waters. ABC poker usually gets the money. Of course, if you ever sit across someone who is doing the same thing you are (milking the fish), then you might try a little trickiness, but I must say I've never really had to.

"milk the fish" ??

Rickyroodido
04-20-2005, 10:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"milk the fish" ??

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Yeah, thought so!