PDA

View Full Version : OMG im so weak.

MarkL444
04-20-2005, 08:49 AM
Villain is an aggressive idiot. Very laggy. Playing way too many hands and raising with crap. His PFR wasnt that high (20s), but he mixed up raising with good hands and some iffy stuff.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button ($165.85)
Hero ($649.15)
BB ($604.35)
UTG ($161.6)
MP ($274.55)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Hero posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $10</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $39</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $30.

Flop: ($84) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Here I am totally lost. Was it a big mistake to only raise to 40 pf? should I have just called or what? here on the flop I have no idea what to do. now that I have inflated the pot so big I need to lead out for a lot if I want to take a shot at it. HELP/

Bukem_
04-20-2005, 08:54 AM
You have to have a good read to proceed with a bet in this spot.

WHat range of hands do you put him on? Is he more likely to have called in this spot thinking he has a hand that can potentially bust aces, or does he just not like to fold?

MarkL444
04-20-2005, 08:56 AM
he could have a lot of things. very hard to put him on something. his vpip is like 70 if thats what you mean. i feel weak checking here, but it just seems like the vast majority of my bets are getting called.

Bukem_
04-20-2005, 09:02 AM
Then most likely check if he doesnt' fold well. YOu have ace high with virtually no redraws on a crappy board.

you can easily stack this guy in a better spot.

Also not much wrong with betting something like 5/6 the pot, if he raises, let it go, and set yourself up to stack this guy in a better spot.

Bukem_
04-20-2005, 09:05 AM
btw against guys who are very loose i much prefer to make a strong hand than too start with a strong hand. They will pay you, and you can be much more certain that you have the best of it when the money goes in.

MarkL444
04-20-2005, 09:09 AM
what do you think about the preflop play? am I just asking for this to happen? should i just call OOP or maybe push for the combined value of him possibly calling and the value of letting him know im capable of reraising?

mishafp
04-20-2005, 09:14 AM
I like the PF play a lot- it lets you know where you stand. If he re-reaises you, you can put him on QQ-AA and fold- if he just smooth calls you, you got a pretty good idea your K and A are live outs and can play accordingly. Plus, it sets you out as the aggressor in the hand.

MarkL444
04-20-2005, 09:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like the PF play a lot- it lets you know where you stand. If he re-reaises you, you can put him on QQ-AA and fold- if he just smooth calls you, you got a pretty good idea your K and A are live outs and can play accordingly. Plus, it sets you out as the aggressor in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

people will reraise here with less than AA-QQ, i am not folding this hand preflop against a very laggy player pretty much ever.

Bukem_
04-20-2005, 09:57 AM
Preflop isn't that big of a deal.

Much more important how u deal with a worthless flop for your hand.

KowCiller
04-20-2005, 10:11 AM
There's another thread going right now about re-raising AK in position and out of position. In that thread, it's pretty much agreed that if you're out of position and re-raise AK, you're pretty much obligated to bet the flop. I agree with them too. I think you need to bet this flop and fold to a raise (obviously).

KoW

Edit: Here's the thread Re-raise AK Preflop? (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=2195070&amp;page=0&amp;view=c ollapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1)

MarkL444
04-20-2005, 10:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it's pretty much agreed that if you're out of position and re-raise AK, you're pretty much obligated to bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

how much would you bet here?

KowCiller
04-20-2005, 10:29 AM
$65-$80

MarkL444
04-20-2005, 10:01 PM
thx for advice guys. i ended up check folding.

-Skeme-
04-20-2005, 10:03 PM
Ha, so weak, so weak..

the machine
04-20-2005, 10:05 PM
its not a weak raise you were protecting your hand but now you completely missed your flop no draw or pair so it can be easy to think this maniac has the best hand at this point, your raise was only 16.25% of your chips, this is pretty deep stakced poker from your viewpoint and it shouldnt affect your play, i say muck to a bet and move on to the next hand

TheWorstPlayer
04-21-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
thx for advice guys. i ended up check folding.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's gross, man. If you're going to re-raise OOP, you have to bet the flop to put him to a decision. By betting even 65 here, it tells him that he will have to commit his whole stack to see the showdown, without committing your whole stack, since you will check/fold if called and don't improve on the turn. I think it is really the only way to play it unless you plan on check/raising all-in. Check/fold simply doesn't make any sense after you re-raise. If you want to check/fold a miss, just flat call preflop (which is how I would play it, btw).

Sponger15SB
04-21-2005, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
$65-$80

[/ QUOTE ]

yay lets put in 100+ BB's with A high.

As it stands, you should have called preflop, or just folding preflop you tight ass.

Seriously though, you reraise to $40, and the flop comes K T 9 and now what are you going to do? Build an absolutely gigantic pot out of position on a tricky board? That sounds fun.

FreakDaddy
04-21-2005, 04:00 AM
Yeah, I think we all hate this situation. Well, hates a strong word, but we'd rather have caught some of the flop. I would lead out 3/4 of the pot here. It's a strong enough bet to say, 'hey I've really got something - remember I did raise you a lot pre-flop', to make villian drop hand. If you're called, then I just try and check this through. It sucks you don't have position here. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

PoBoy321
04-21-2005, 04:04 AM
I think that if you're going to reraise OOP with AK, you really need to make a follow up bet on the flop. At the very least, you're representing a big pair, and at best, you're protecting the best hand.

FreakDaddy
04-21-2005, 04:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There's another thread going right now about re-raising AK in position and out of position. In that thread, it's pretty much agreed that if you're out of position and re-raise AK, you're pretty much obligated to bet the flop. I agree with them too. I think you need to bet this flop and fold to a raise (obviously).

KoW

Edit: Here's the thread Re-raise AK Preflop? (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=2195070&amp;page=0&amp;view=c ollapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree with this as well. It's still a significant chunk of villians stack if you lead with about 3/4 of the pot. Even with a loose caller.

Note: I not only give this advice, I play this line everytime and I believe it to be profitable. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

theweatherman
04-21-2005, 05:53 AM
wow! ive never seen a game of .5/1 with stacks that ridiculously deep, i always bought in for 100

jamsuet
04-21-2005, 06:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wow! ive never seen a game of .5/1 with stacks that ridiculously deep, i always bought in for 100

[/ QUOTE ]

It's NL200 (1/2).