PDA

View Full Version : I'm being stubborn

DavidC
04-20-2005, 06:41 AM
Trying to rebuild my roll from $12 on Pacific (which I can't w/d) at their NLHE $10 tables.

This good for me for a few reasons: 1 tabling without PT/PV is great for reading hands, working on concentration / finding tilt, etc.

However, being short-stacked sucks.

So, the above is stubborn, but it's educational, so even though it's -EV or less +EV than my usual game I don't mind because it might be more +EV over the long term. And no, I won't top up my stack at Pacific. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

--------

I'm in MP1 with T8s clubs, and CO and MP3 have posted.

One limper to me and I limp. One limper,and the SB completes.

Flop is 8h7h6c, blinds check and first limper minbets. I start moving the slider over to raise the hand, and then I call! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I couldn't afford the variance.

Man that sucks.

Note: normally I wouldn't limp with this due to variance, but this pot could have shaped up to be worth it.

--Dave.

mythrilfox
04-20-2005, 06:45 AM
That's an awful situation to be in. Cash in more. I'm sure it will turn a profit.

And yeah, I probably wouldn't have limped that even if my roll were a grand. MP1 is sucky position and you can't even guarantee people tag along.

DavidC
04-20-2005, 07:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That's an awful situation to be in. Cash in more. I'm sure it will turn a profit.

And yeah, I probably wouldn't have limped that even if my roll were a grand. MP1 is sucky position and you can't even guarantee people tag along.

[/ QUOTE ]

What can I say... I'm a fish.