PDA

View Full Version : Deciding where to sit

FieryJustice
04-20-2005, 04:04 AM
I was basically just wondering how you you all decided where to sit in the high buyin sngs, such as $215's or step 5's. I used to pick a seat to where i had position on the good players, but recently, I have been picking seats where I let bad players have position on me. Sometimes these are the same and sometimes they are not. I was just wondering what some of you do.
~Jcard

TruFloridaGator
04-20-2005, 04:12 AM
I like to have position on good players, normal logic I assume.... Bad players don't understand position so will make the same plays nonetheless.

FieryJustice
04-20-2005, 04:19 AM
I guess the reason I would give bad players position on me is so that a good player cant come up and take the seat behind me to get position on me. In one recently, seats 457 were bad players, seat 6 being a good one. I took seat 3. Maybe I should wait a little longer to take my seat.

TruFloridaGator
04-20-2005, 04:25 AM
Well right, if there isn't a great player sitting down you want to sit behind then by all means give a bad player position on you.

I wish there was a check in the dark button /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

sahala
04-20-2005, 04:48 AM
Maybe this is a dumb question, but how do you guys know who the good players are?

LeVoodoo
04-20-2005, 04:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe this is a dumb question, but how do you guys know who the good players are?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you play a fair amount of tournies, you'll start seeing familiar faces.

john_
04-20-2005, 04:54 AM
PokerProphecy can be ok for a "rough" guideline too.

Apathy
04-20-2005, 05:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like to have position on good players, normal logic I assume.... Bad players don't understand position so will make the same plays nonetheless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just so you know, Your first sentence in this post is pretty much the exact opposite of what you really want in STTs. Don't ask why, try to figure it out.

gasgod
04-20-2005, 05:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just so you know, Your first sentence in this post is pretty much the exact opposite of what you really want in STTs. Don't ask why, try to figure it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess: there is more value in being first to push late in the event than there is in acting last early in the event, where it's unlikely you both will be playing the same hand?

GG

raptor517
04-20-2005, 05:54 AM
i duno about playing the same hand.. but you sure as hell dont want to sit to the left of me on the bubble. you will not get one free blind. holla