PDA

View Full Version : Why did I choke on the bubble?

pokerraja
04-20-2005, 03:45 AM
First off im in a horrible slump. It seems like I find new ways to fuc up every time. It wasnt too long ago, that I was making final tables regularly, one time even twice in the same day. Now, I can't even make the first hour. lol. enough bitching. But you get the point, just like in other sports, when things go bad (lakers for example), they go bad! And its mostly my stupid paly to fault. Well, here is the hand im pissed off about.

bubble time. 46 players left, 40 make the money. My table is 6 handed, while the other tables are 10 handed. We have had 2 players bust on the last 2 hands. Its a very active table. I have about T5500, BB is T600. Folded to me in cutoff with AQs. I think for a minute and then push all-in. Did I mention the 3 players behind me all have big stacks and are very active! Well, the BB with the big stack stack calls me with his 77. I lose.

What should I have done here? Im not sure of the play.

vegasbob
04-20-2005, 04:51 AM
you playing to make the money or win seems you need to double up to win. Plus there were still over 40 players till the real $$$.
I would not say you choked unless you wanted to try to get in the money first and then play.

Sykes
04-20-2005, 05:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's what gets me. You're making a post about how you choke but yet you provided no example. In this situation, if you want to play AQ, it's going to be for all your chips. The only alternative to playing this hand is to use the stop-n-go.

A question: Would you be making this topic if you had won with the AQ?

pokerraja
04-20-2005, 05:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you playing to make the money or win seems you need to double up to win. Plus there were still over 40 players till the real $$$.
I would not say you choked unless you wanted to try to get in the money first and then play.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would of been nice to cash, but that is not the main priority for me. I just not sure how most here would of played that AQ hand. Is my push the only play for me to make?

pokerraja
04-20-2005, 05:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's what gets me. You're making a post about how you choke but yet you provided no example. In this situation, if you want to play AQ, it's going to be for all your chips. The only alternative to playing this hand is to use the stop-n-go.

A question: Would you be making this topic if you had won with the AQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

The results are not the main thing bothering me now. I'm wondering if there is a way to play this hand without going broke. say raise to 1800 for example and play the flop. not sure.

I cant use a stop and go here. im in the cutoff hes in bb.

Poisson7
04-20-2005, 07:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm wondering if there is a way to play this hand without going broke. say raise to 1800 for example and play the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious about this as well. I suppose it depends on your read of the big stacks. If they're aggressive, you don't want to put them in a position to make you fold. On the other hand, why go broke here?

Also, out of curiosity, why didn't they spread the people out so the tables were equal sized?

98romaine
04-20-2005, 10:00 AM
One of the things I have learned from reading these forums is incorporating different moves into my arsenal. One of the ideas was limping in this position (CO w/ AQ) and seeing a flop. Maybe SB/BB just call and his 77 does not look so good on a flop with overs, or flop has two of your suit, etc..

I guess what I'm trying to say I've learned here, is you don't always have to push with your overs in these situations.

betgo
04-20-2005, 10:24 AM
The push was the only move here. It's too bad hero lost the coin flip.

mts
04-20-2005, 10:34 AM
i think you'll agree that you have to make a stand somewhere. Those big stacks behind you are going to be ganking and bleeding your chips away giving you no real shot into any money. Easy push