PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Street, 9A9 , dead 9, 10/20 stud hi

BeerMoney
04-19-2005, 11:05 PM
This table had a fair number of regulars, however, I thought the 6 seat was fairly fishy, so I liked my position. Here is the lineup I was up against:

Seat 1: raisingguy ( $140.5)
Seat 2: playwellJMAL ( $197)
Seat 3: curlieM ( $608)
Seat 4: dolphin5 ( $993.5)
Seat 5: chaser2 ( $351)
Seat 6: RealEmIn60 ( $402)
Seat 7: BeerMoney ( $551)
Seat 8: phoenixjonny ( $507.5)

I limped here with the intention of seeing what happened. When Playwell Raised, I figured I was in trouble. I folded for the following reasons:

Playwell is solid. He probably has something good, and the fact that he is raising and has my 9 is bad. I don't want to play hands like this in multiway pots, however, I have the A and a 2 flush, should I continue?

Here are my two questions:

What do you think of the limp?

What do you think of the fold?

7 Card Stud High ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___completes
Seat 2: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in___calls
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Hero: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___folds

Does anybody have any comments on the players? Particularly Dolphin5, RaisingGuy, and chaser2. (Other than: "chaser2 seems like a dick.")

Andy B
04-19-2005, 11:13 PM
I think your line is OK. I think that calling and seeing what happens is perfectly reasonable, and I think that what happened is not good for your dead hand. Personally, I would have made it a full bet myself if there were at least some chance of buying the antes.

RandomUser
04-19-2005, 11:25 PM
With both 9s dead it isn't a bad fold, but personally I would definitely call and see 4th street. With 3 callers behind him, your pot odds are huge. You are calling $7 into a $57 pot.

If he has a high pocket pair, you will know when he catches two pair by pairing his board. However, if he catches high cards it will be difficult to know if/when he catches trips.

There is also a decent chance he is raising with something like 88K and you are ahead.

Lastly, all your hearts are live as well as all your As so you are drawing to 14 cards on 4th street.

Michael Emery
04-20-2005, 12:06 AM
I'm raising third every time. There's no reason to limp with whats likely the best hand, dead nine or not. Raising also defines your hand better. Its just too likely 1.) you can take the antes right here 2.) your hand is best at this point. When playwell completes and there are two cold callers, I like your fold.

Mike Emery