PDA

View Full Version : Push TPGK vs a maniac?

Misfire
04-19-2005, 10:49 PM
Frustrating sng. One guy at the table is BEYOND maniac... He is litterally pushing every 2nd or 3rd hand either preflop or on the flop. Every single time he got called he's had bullcrap. I think once he had KJos, and he was a still a severe dog. In fact, every single time we saw his cards he was a dog. Of course he drew-out on enough to still keep a healthy chipstack. On top of that he was CALLING all-ins with bullcrap. With two players all in, he called half his stack w/ TJos (against A9s and 66). Lost that one, but quickly regained his chips drawing-out w/ BS on another player.

So we're at about 5 or 6 players left, at least half of them put out by Maniac giving them bad beats. The blinds are 60 and I'm sitting in the BB with K9s and about 1200 chips (2nd to last place I think). I check and see the flop which comes 9-high rainbow. Maniac raises 1050. Do I push this?????

strelok
04-19-2005, 10:52 PM
Do you want him to give YOU a bad beat with his 94o? Play your game, blinds are low and you have nothing to worry about right now. No need to get yourself tangled up here.

gasgod
04-19-2005, 11:09 PM
I'd like to know where you are playing, the buy-in, size of all stacks, (particularly maniacs) and number and position of players to see the flop.

GG

viennagreen
04-19-2005, 11:20 PM
"blinds are 60"

well... whatever the blinds are, it sounds like this is in the early stages of the tourney... too early for you to be frustrated and making stupid calls...

chill out--- i think you may need a break from SNGs

Misfire
04-19-2005, 11:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to know where you are playing, the buy-in, size of all stacks, (particularly maniacs) and number and position of players to see the flop.

GG

[/ QUOTE ]

This was level 2 of the WSOP steps on RoyalVegas. $5+.50 if you bought directly in, or else place top two in the $1+.10. Maniac had about $4K and the rest of us were fairly even with $1-1.4K give or take. One guy might have had 2K. Maniac was in MP with I think a limper on either side of him. Sorry, I didn't copy the HH, so I'm just going by memory.

adanthar
04-19-2005, 11:38 PM
Yeah, I sure do hate getting it all in as an 80% favorite with 2 cards to go.

Wait, no I don't, so I push. Sorry you ran into AA.

Misfire
04-19-2005, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"blinds are 60"

well... whatever the blinds are, it sounds like this is in the early stages of the tourney... too early for you to be frustrated and making stupid calls...

chill out--- i think you may need a break from SNGs

[/ QUOTE ]

It was early, but almost half the players were out already, and yeah, it was frustrating to see what he was winning with. And his play was so predictable. It was like he was a bot set to push every other hand. I mean, what are the odds of surving on nothing but preflop folds and 3-6 outers?

Anyhoo, I'm not ready to take a break...other than that game, I'm feeling good and I'm up $ for the evening (even after losing $20 in a ring game).

gasgod
04-19-2005, 11:49 PM
You don't have to be sheriff. Even a maniac can be dealt a big hand, and although you might be ahead, I think you should wait. It sounds like you will have plenty of opportunity to go to war with him before this tourney is finished. David Sklansky says that poker begins as a struggle for the blinds. There is no need to put your stack on the line in a struggle for a paltry t90. Time to keep your powder dry. JMHO

GG

Misfire
04-20-2005, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You don't have to be sheriff. Even a maniac can be dealt a big hand, and although you might be ahead, I think you should wait. It sounds like you will have plenty of opportunity to go to war with him before this tourney is finished. David Sklansky says that poker begins as a struggle for the blinds. There is no need to put your stack on the line in a struggle for a paltry t90. Time to keep your powder dry. JMHO

GG

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally I would... But I figured w/ top pair, I've got to be a favorite against a random hand, and that's exactly what he'd been pushing--like clockwork. Any other player, like the typical LAG I'd probably let it go... and it wasn't for t90, it was for doubling up.

Misfire
04-20-2005, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I sure do hate getting it all in as an 80% favorite with 2 cards to go.

Wait, no I don't, so I push. Sorry you ran into AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good guess. He had QQ. Poop happens. Just making sure I wasn't jumping the gun with a push that early. On the bubble I wouldn't have thought twice.