PDA

View Full Version : How to figure "Wins" / "Outs" for PL Omaha Ho & Lo please

11-07-2002, 01:33 AM
Can some kindly tell me what the website has the program to figure % of outs for Omaha PL? I can't find it.

Lastly, I have Ciaffone's fine books on Omaha & Pot limit. Can anyone recommend any -other- books on Omaha hi or hi low preferrably pot limit (anything to help me with recognizing straight draws). /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jill.

Lurker
11-07-2002, 09:16 AM

nicky g
11-07-2002, 12:09 PM
it's for beinngers, but stewart reuben's "starting out in poker" has some good stuff on omaha. he's the guy who write the omaha section in "pot-limit and no-limit poker." he also recommends cloutier adn mcevoy's "championship omaha", which i've not read but have heard bad things about elsewhere.

TAFKAn
11-07-2002, 01:51 PM
Once you get all your money in on the flop (and this covers about 90% of the time), then look at what you need to make the nut re-draw. You better already have the current nuts or you're insane.

Now, count all the cards in the deck that DON'T give you the nut redraw and those are the cards that kill you.

11-08-2002, 07:01 AM
After reading Bob's fine book on Omaha hi, I do NOT understand why he says that with 2 to come a set has 15 outs against a made straight! (he uses 10 cards + 3/4 of 25%...comes out to total of 15 outs.. for the river card ( ? )

Anyway I look at it, a set has "10" cards to improve, whether there is 2 to come or 30 to come! with 10 outs and 41 unseen cards, that's about (close enough for me) "3 to one" needed for a redraw. Isn't it?

What am I doing wrong please???

I want to thank you Gentleman for helping me with my post, I sincerely appreciate it. Jill.

11-10-2002, 09:55 PM
Jill; I'm flunking math 101 here. what's the 10 cards? one more for quads and then board pairingss that give you (and hopefully only you) the full house?

Help me. please.