3)Cleveland-Mike Williams
4)Chicago-Carnell (Cadillac) Williams
5)Tampa Bay-Cedric Benson
6)Tennessee-Antrel Rolle
7)Minnesota-Braylon Edwards
8)Arizona-Aaron Rodgers
9)Washington-Adam Jones
10)Detroit-Derrick Johnson

Don't know enough about the rest of the draft to even guess.

jakethebake
04-19-2005, 09:13 PM
I'm betting the Phins trade down.

ucfryan
04-19-2005, 09:16 PM
My top 15 (I'm a Niners fan). There's absolutely no way Braylon falls to #7, he's the best player in the draft.

1. San Francisco 49ers - Braylon Edwards WR Michigan
2. Tampa Bay Bucs (from Miami) - Alex Smith QB Utah
3. Cleveland Browns - Derrick Johnson LB Texas
4. Chicago Bears - Cedric Benson RB Texas
5. Miami Dolphins (From TB) - Ronnie Brown RB Auburn
6. Tennessee Titans - Antrel Rolle CB Miami
7. Minnesota Vikings - Mike Williams WR USC
8. Arizona Cardinals - Aaron Rodgers QB Cal
9. Washington Redskins - Adam Jones CB WVU
10. Detroit Lions - Shawne Merriman DE/OLB Maryland
11. Dallas Cowboys - Carlos Rogers CB Auburn
12. San Diego Chargers - Mark Clayton WR Oklahoma
13. Houston Texans - Alex Barron OT Florida state
14. Carolina Panthers - Jamaal Brown OT Oklahoma
15. Kansas City Chiefs - David Pollack DE Georgia

Ianco15
04-19-2005, 09:18 PM
I really don't want the 49ers to take Alex Smith. I don't think he is good enough to be the QB of the future for the niners. Aaron Rodgers I don't know about yet.

jakethebake
04-19-2005, 09:20 PM
I'm betting SF takes Aaron Rogers #1. And Minnesota trades up to #2 for B. Edwards.

ucfryan
04-19-2005, 09:26 PM
There's VERY little difference in talent between Alex Smith/Aaron Rodgers and guys like Charlie Frye/Jason Campbell. I'd like to see us take Edwards #1, Baas in the 2nd, and maybe Adrian McPherson in the 3rd if he's still on the board. There's so many conflicting media reports this week because Nolan/McLoughan are trying to keep people guessing and hoping someone bites for a trade I guess I really don't know what to think. I know Edwards is at the top of the draft board for us, and he's the safe pick out of the 3. I just don't see Nolan banking his head coaching career on two questionable QB prospects.

zaxx19
04-19-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
4)Chicago-Carnell (Cadillac) Williams

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think this is even a major possiblity.

Braylon, Mike Williams or Benson.

morello
04-19-2005, 09:33 PM
Seems like everyone is trying to trade down, but only a few teams want to trade up. Word is Tampa Bay will possibly move up, and that Minnesota may as well.

Peter King from SI is adamant that Alex Smith will be the #1 pick, and that seems to be the general concensus elsewhere, too. It looked like Rodgers for a bit, but that moment has passed.

Lots of interesting things that may develop. However, Edwards will definitely not slip to #7, and Mike Williams will not be chosen before him. The latest mocks have Williams slipping a bit, into the 8 to 12 range. Also, Rodgers is not falling that far.

ucfryan
04-19-2005, 09:38 PM
You're hearing conflicting reports about the Niners in relation to Smith/Rodgers for a reason. Nolan is leaking various things to the media as to who he wants to draft. Last week ESPN reported there was a 90% chance it was going to be Rodgers. Then the Dolphins/Bucs express interest in a trade and now all of a sudden Alex Smith is going to be the #1 overall pick. Nolan is just generating interest right now so that any team that wants to trade up to get their guy has to go through him and Miami. You can't believe anything you read that's draft related this close to the draft, it's all a bunch of smokescreens.

Dynasty
04-19-2005, 09:54 PM
My biggest fantasy football weakness has to be that I have never heard of any of these guys.

Jurollo
04-19-2005, 10:09 PM
NO way Edwards drops past #3.
~Justin

ucfryan
04-19-2005, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My biggest fantasy football weakness has to be that I have never heard of any of these guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're doomed /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

SCfuji
04-19-2005, 10:28 PM
my fantasy football strategy consists of picking up rookies that have good stats on madden nfl.

ArchAngel71857
04-20-2005, 12:27 AM
I know everyone has TN taking Antrell Rolle, but I can see Norm Chow talking Jeff Fisher's ear off about Mike Williams.

But TN does like to draft D. i've heard from a reliable source, Pac-man jones going to Redskins is a 100% sure thing if he is available. as for edwards. I just hope you don't need a lot of clutch 4th down catches whoever takes him.

-AA

[censored]
04-20-2005, 02:21 AM
I am a 49er fan and I have been looking at Mike Williams all year. I would love to see the 49ers trade down and get him 3rd or 4th but would be just as happy if they picked him #1.

jakethebake
04-20-2005, 09:02 AM
WTF are my Texans doing? Are draft picks made of water? A 2nd AND 3rd for Buchanon? What the hell has he done other than be a problem in Oakland? They could've picked up Surtain for just the 2nd rounder.

hutz
04-20-2005, 09:14 AM
You've gotta look at salary cap considerations, my friend. Buchanon's salaries for the next two years are $700K and $800K, respectively. Surtain is expen$ive and, to this point, the Dolphins appear to be sticking to their demand for a first round pick. The trade price will likely fall as the draft gets closer, but Surtain's contract demands will not.

As for the Texans' draft choice in ucfryan's list above, I have been reading that there's almost no way they'll pass up one of the top three RBs if one is still available at #13. As much as they need help on the offensive line, they need to shore up their running game, too. Also, Barron appears to be a bit of a slacker at times, which would not fit at all with the Texans' philosophy of drafting "model citizens."

jakethebake
04-20-2005, 09:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the Dolphins appear to be sticking to their demand for a first round pick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know where you're located but they talk about this pretty much every morning on both sports radio stations here in Miami. They're asking for a 2nd round pick. I'm not sure what Houston's cap situation is. Maybe that's a consideration. I guess he's younger too.

hutz
04-20-2005, 09:38 AM
I'm in Houston and, like you, am a Texans fan. Houston has some cap room this year but I bet they'd like to keep some free space to splash around in the free agent market next year. Buchanon's age is likely very attractive to the Texans, too.

The information about the price Miami is asking for Surtain came from rotoworld.com. Rumors around draft time ain't worth a whole lot, huh?

Shajen
04-20-2005, 09:42 AM
Chicago won't take another running back.

They have a good one already. Not only that but they need a burner, and they desperately need to shore up the O-line.

If they pick up another [censored] RB, I'll go through the friggin roof. THEY DO NOT NEED ANOTHER RB.

YOU HEAR ME FRONT OFFICE?

jakethebake
04-20-2005, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You've gotta look at salary cap considerations, my friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Part of what made me think there weren't any cap issues was their signing of Morlon Greenwood last month. Didn't they pay him something really really ridiculous? That move just seemed nuts.

morello
04-20-2005, 11:21 AM
Denver got away with a STEAL by trading their 1st round pick (#25 overall) this year, for Washington's 3rd round pick this year (#73 I think?), and their 1st round pick next year/4th round pick next year.

Huuuuugggge probability that Washington has a top 10-15 pick yet again next year, which in itself is a major upgrade. Throw in two other picks and Denver makes out like bandits IMO.

EDIT, just for jakethebake:

Denver gives 1st round pick 2005

Denver receives 3rd round pick 2005
Denver receives 1st round pick 2006
Denver receives 4th round pick 2006

jakethebake
04-20-2005, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Denver got away with a STEAL by trading their 1st round pick (#25 overall) this year, for Washington's 3rd round pick this year (#73 I think?), and their 1st round pick next year/4th round pick next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reading this I have no idea who got what for what. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Rockatansky
04-20-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My top 15 (I'm a Niners fan). There's absolutely no way Braylon falls to #7, he's the best player in the draft.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where's Troy? Everyone I've seen has him going to Carolina at #14. Or maybe the Texans will pick up another Gamecock since Dunte has worked out so well.

IndieMatty
04-20-2005, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Reading this I have no idea who got what for what. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty clear Jake.

Denver trades their first round to washington for a third round pick in 05 and a first and fourth in 06.

willie
04-20-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Chicago won't take another running back.

They have a good one already. Not only that but they need a burner, and they desperately need to shore up the O-line.

If they pick up another [censored] RB, I'll go through the friggin roof. THEY DO NOT NEED ANOTHER RB.

YOU HEAR ME FRONT OFFICE?

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with avoiding a running back

but i think the bears desperately need a receiver. specially with the recent terrell departure.

ucfryan
04-20-2005, 12:26 PM
He's not one of the top 15 players in this draft, and the only reason he's shot up so high is because of his 40 time. He's not as talented as Mark Clayton, and he's extremely raw in his route running. I've seen a lot of comparisons drawn between him and Todd Pinkston. Regardless, he's not a top 15 player in this draft.

As for Chicago, do you guys really think Thomas Jones is the longterm answer there, especially with a guy as talented as Cedric Benson sitting there?

meep_42
04-20-2005, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Huuuuugggge probability that Washington has a top 10-15 pick yet again next year, which in itself is a major upgrade. Throw in two other picks and Denver makes out like bandits IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, who fleeces the Redskins like the Broncos? This is getting rediculous.

-d

jakethebake
04-20-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, who fleeces the Redskins like the Broncos? This is getting rediculous.

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this correct? And it's the 25th pick in the first that they're giving up? WTF are the Skins doing?

Asufiji2004
04-20-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...look out Mel Kiper, Jr.

Have you been paying attention at all!!!

Shajen
04-20-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

but i think the bears desperately need a receiver. specially with the recent terrell departure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what I meant by a burner. They definitely need a fast down the field receiver. Here's hoping.

hutz
04-20-2005, 12:48 PM
After signing Greenwood, they cut (after failing to trade) Jamie Sharper and Jay Foreman (two of their top tacklers over the past three years) to free up cap space. They keep getting younger, but are they getting better? This year will likely be the end of the honeymoon period for the team.

ucfryan
04-20-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...look out Mel Kiper, Jr.

Have you been paying attention at all!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Mel Kiper is a joke in most league circles, and most avid draft fans think the same thing. I have a couple of friends that are scouts for NFL teams. At the Senior Bowl this year most of the scouts/league personel were blasting Kiper for how bad his talent evaluation has been the past few years and how little he actually knows. Lately Kiper just takes the guys that run the fastest in a straight line and puts them at the top of his big board.

I mean take Adam Jones for example. In college Jones was a good CB, but not in the class of someone like Antrel Rolle. In 2003, when Antrel completely shut down Larry Fitzgerald for an entire game, Jones let up well over 150 yards in receiving and looked completely lost all day. Suddenly at the end of this past season he shoots up Mel Kipers board because he's going to run a low 4.3 40. Ronnie Brown, a BACKUP in college who played behind one of the best offensive lines in the country, is his #1 player in the draft because he ran a 4.3 40. Please tell me when the [censored] a back runs for 40 yards in a straight line. He even has a guy who played Division II ball AND DIDN'T EVEN PRODUCE going at the end of the first round because he ran a high 4.2 40.

Mel Kiper is absolutely clueless, and if you ask anyone who actually follows the draft or is involved in the league they'll tell you the same thing. If they actually had respect for him/his opinion he'd be working for an NFL team by now. But after what, 15-20 years he's still working for ESPN. Let that marinate.

As for Rodgers, he's not a top 5 player talent wise in this draft. In order it would go Braylon Edwards, Antrel Rolle, Derrick Johnson, Cedric Benson, Carnell/Ronnie (tossup).

Asufiji2004
04-20-2005, 01:25 PM
My reference to Mel Kiper had nothing to do with my perception of his knowledge. It had to do with your so called Draft board. YOU ARE INSANE if you think Rodgers goes 8th.

meep_42
04-20-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this correct? And it's the 25th pick in the first that they're giving up? WTF are the Skins doing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Blowing their load early so someone moves in front of them to grab the QB they want.... after they drafted a QB 3 years ago and have other pressing needs on both sides of the ball.

wtf is going on...

-d

BigD226
04-20-2005, 02:18 PM
1) SF - Alex Smith
2) MIN (trade w/Miami) - Braylon Edwards
3) CLE - Aaron Rodgers
4) CHI - Ronnie Brown
5) TB - Mike Williams
6) TEN - Anrel Rolle
7) MIA - Cedric Benson
8) ARI - Cadillac Williams (unless they trade for Henry)
9) WAS - Pacman Jones
10) DET - Derrick Johnson
11) DAL - Shawne Merriman

ucfryan
04-20-2005, 02:36 PM
Insane? If SF takes Edwards (which we should) and Tampa trades up to #2 to grab Alex Smith then it's very conceivable that he'll fall to #8 (his agent even has been quoted as saying if SF doesn't pick him #1 then it's quite conceivable he could fall out of the top 10 which is why he's not demanding the money that Smiths agent is). Crennell is eyeing Johnson and his value there is much better than Rodgers, Chicago would go with Mike Williams/a back at #4, Dolphins would go with a back at #5, and TN/Min don't need a QB this early. There's a general consensus around the league that there's a very small talent gap between Smith/Rodgers and guys like Campbell/Frye. Teams picking in the top 5 who might be eyeing a QB would be better served to get the BPA and then look to grab a QB in the 2nd.

thatpfunk
04-20-2005, 03:15 PM
Why wouldn't the Dolphins go for a QB?

The Dude
04-20-2005, 03:17 PM
Might one assume that your UserName is in reference to the board game? If so, you rock!

jakethebake
04-20-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why wouldn't the Dolphins go for a QB?

[/ QUOTE ]

Rumor is that Saban has decided he'll give Feeley a shot. Besides they have more pressing needs. A QB isn't going to do any good w/o a RB and line.

Rockatansky
04-20-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He's not one of the top 15 players in this draft, and the only reason he's shot up so high is because of his 40 time. He's not as talented as Mark Clayton, and he's extremely raw in his route running. I've seen a lot of comparisons drawn between him and Todd Pinkston. Regardless, he's not a top 15 player in this draft.

As for Chicago, do you guys really think Thomas Jones is the longterm answer there, especially with a guy as talented as Cedric Benson sitting there?

[/ QUOTE ]

For the most part, I agree with the assessment of Troy's weaknesses. However, he is the fastest receiver in the draft and will be drafted in the top 15 largely because of his speed. If you think it's unwise that team a draft him that highly, that's fine.

thatpfunk
04-20-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Rumor is that Saban has decided he'll give Feeley a shot

[/ QUOTE ]

How nice of Saban: He doesn't want to make his former colleagues Butch Davis and Dennis Erickson look bad, so he is coaching like [censored] already! What a cool guy...

Asufiji2004
04-20-2005, 03:51 PM
S.F. definitely takes QB with the #1 pick. Smith is probably the better pick, but Rodgers will bring a larger fan base with him to Niner games. If they pass on Rodgers, Cleveland will pick him up at #3. He won't slip to #8. But if you're so sure, care to make it interesting?

IronDragon1
04-20-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
S.F. definitely takes QB with the #1 pick. Smith is probably the better pick, but Rodgers will bring a larger fan base with him to Niner games. If they pass on Rodgers, Cleveland will pick him up at #3. He won't slip to #8. But if you're so sure, care to make it interesting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I have Rodgers also going @ 8 I would be interested in this.

gvibes
04-20-2005, 04:07 PM
1) niners - Alex Smith
2) Miami - Ronnie Brown (QB talk is a smokescreen
3) Cleveland - Braylon Edwards
4) Chicago - Mike Williams

That's all I care about. I'm a Bears fan, and Mike Williams is number 1.

jakethebake
04-20-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
S.F. definitely takes QB with the #1 pick. Smith is probably the better pick, but Rodgers will bring a larger fan base with him to Niner games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly why SF will take him.

Asufiji2004
04-20-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

K if Rodgers goes 8th or later I give you $500, if he goes 1st-7th you have to let a hooker use a strap-on on you and let 2+2 watch

ArchAngel71857
04-20-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Blowing their load early so someone moves in front of them to grab the QB they want.... after they drafted a QB 3 years ago and have other pressing needs on both sides of the ball.

wtf is going on...

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

Redskins could also have gotten the 25th pick to package it with the 9th to move up to top 3 to get edwards.

-AA

bugstud
04-20-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is Bobby Wade, Eddie Berlin, Bernard Berrian or Justin Gage the answer for the rest of th WR's? Probably not, get a stud #2 WR at 4 then get a decent RB in either the second or fourth. Thomas Jones is going to be at least adequate for a couple years.

meep_42
04-20-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Redskins could also have gotten the 25th pick to package it with the 9th to move up to top 3 to get edwards.

-AA

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll believe it when I see it. If I do see it, i'll be fine with it.

-d

ucfryan
04-23-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

K if Rodgers goes 8th or later I give you $500, if he goes 1st-7th you have to let a hooker use a strap-on on you and let 2+2 watch

[/ QUOTE ]

You were saying?

meep_42
04-23-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You were saying?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't see anyone take his action.

-d

IronDragon1
04-23-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You were saying?

[/ QUOTE ]

I so cannot believe I didn't take him up on this........

And for AscFuji:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ucfryan
04-24-2005, 04:56 AM
No, but he did make this comment

[ QUOTE ]
My reference to Mel Kiper had nothing to do with my perception of his knowledge. It had to do with your so called Draft board. YOU ARE INSANE if you think Rodgers goes 8th.

[/ QUOTE ]

brettbrettr
04-24-2005, 12:54 PM
No one is talking about the Jets picking a kicker in the second round? Trading their first round pick for Doug Jolley then taking a *kicker* in the second round? If we hadn't gotten Justin Miller later in the second round, I'd probably still be crying....

IndieMatty
04-24-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No one is talking about the Jets picking a kicker in the second round? Trading their first round pick for Doug Jolley then taking a *kicker* in the second round? If we hadn't gotten Justin Miller later in the second round, I'd probably still be crying....

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a pretty sick kicker.

Asufiji2004
04-24-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You were saying?

[/ QUOTE ]

I so cannot believe I didn't take him up on this........

And for AscFuji:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe you didn't take it. Cause you and that other guy an effin vaginas. You weren't sure of it you were just talkin out your ass. Otherwise you would have taken my action and took me for $500. It was a sin for him to go that late. Not even you two experts could have predicted that. But alas it was a blessing, he's gonna be on my team.

IronDragon1
04-24-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I believe you didn't take it. Cause you and that other guy an effin vaginas. You weren't sure of it you were just talkin out your ass. Otherwise you would have taken my action and took me for $500. It was a sin for him to go that late. Not even you two experts could have predicted that. But alas it was a blessing, he's gonna be on my team.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0780623274.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

J_V
04-24-2005, 05:07 PM
Interesting. I have to agree that Mel Kiper stinks. It would be hard to do his job, but the fact that he thinks Mike Williams is better/more talented than Braylon Edwards solidifies he hasn't a clue.

As for Mel Kiper working for ESPN, that might be a lot cusier job than an NFL team could offer him. They need to have an NFL draft every week.

Asufiji2004
04-24-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mel Kiper is a joke in most league circles, and most avid draft fans think the same thing. I have a couple of friends that are scouts for NFL teams.[ QUOTE ]

....and this led you to predict this?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You got 1 out of 15. Okay i'll give you a 1/2 for picking the team that selected ronnie brown, just wrong #. I think the idiot Mel out did you and your scout friends.

ucfryan
04-24-2005, 10:48 PM
How well someone predicts what team is going to pick who has nothing to do with their ability to evaluate talent. My entire top 15 was predicated on Braylon going #1.