PDA

View Full Version : Dusty's gone!!

M2d
11-06-2002, 10:43 PM
It was a nice ride for the norcal folk, but, with Howe and Baker moving to places where they'll be appreciated, it looks like a loooooooong winter.
and us dodger fans rejoiced.

Clarkmeister
11-06-2002, 11:15 PM
I've thought he was the best manager in baseball for about 3-4 years now. As a devoted Cardinal fan, I am disturbed to see such a talent heading, in all liklihood, to the Cubs. Too bad its not kosher to fire the Manager of the Year, or I'd like to ditch LaRussa and get Dusty. The way he has gotten that franchicse to compete year after year with mediocre talent is amazing. The Cubs don't deserve a winner like Dusty.

yct
11-07-2002, 03:22 PM
I thought the Giants did not even try to offer Dusty another contract is kinda low...

11-08-2002, 12:46 PM
what exactly has Dusty Baker ever won? He has arguably the best player ever for 9 years, had a very underrated and deep pitching staff this year, had a 5 run lead in the seventh inning to clinch the world series, however was outmanaged the entire series by Mike Sciossia (not sure on the spelling). Beyond establishing a daycare facility in the clubhouse and wearing 14 wristbands up his arms during games (what's with the wristbands), what other lasting memories has he provided. Don't get me wrong, the man has about a .540 winning percentage, which is acceptable, however until this year had not even won a playoff series. Let's not enshrine him as the greatest manager since slice bread with those accomplishments.

11-08-2002, 01:05 PM
You act like a typical Cardinal Fan. You've had your day. What will the names like WOOD PRIOR HILL CHOI GUZMAN mean to you. And remember where you first heard the name FELIX PIE.
BUT i SUPPOSE BY THE TIME HE comes up you will have jumped off of the Cardinal bandwagon and become a Kansas City fan

11-08-2002, 06:40 PM
Felix Pie? Sounds like something PETA would protest. Jerry you wouldn't happen to be a CUbs fan would you?