PDA

View Full Version : QJ

Scotch78
04-19-2005, 08:17 PM
BB is loose-passive preflop, but seems pretty average postflop. All my notes on him involve some sort of trickiness. It's mostly sandbagging type stuff, but I do think he's pulled a failed bluff or two as well.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero . . .

Rodney D.

Joe826
04-19-2005, 08:25 PM
situations like these always throw me. i don't think you really have a choice but to bet here. the fact that you have tricky notes is troubling but if villain does have something like AK or a smaller pair giving a free turn card really sucks.

oh, and FWIW, if i get check/raised on the flop i'm probably calling down, but if BB smooth calls and then check/raises a blank turn i'd probably fold.

krishanleong
04-19-2005, 08:30 PM
Bet? I can't see a check here being correct even if he does cr and slowplay a lot.

Krishan

imported_CaseClosed326
04-19-2005, 08:35 PM
Bets and hopes for a non a-k turn.

mperich
04-19-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
situations like these always throw me. i don't think you really have a choice but to bet here. the fact that you have tricky notes is troubling but if villain does have something like AK or a smaller pair giving a free turn card really sucks.

oh, and FWIW, if i get check/raised on the flop i'm probably calling down, but if BB smooth calls and then check/raises a blank turn i'd probably fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. And I hate this situation as well but what can you do.

-Mike

Scotch78
04-20-2005, 12:52 AM
I bet, the villain check-raised, and I decided to peel one off. Turn comes a queen and he bets out. What's your play now?

imported_CaseClosed326
04-20-2005, 12:59 AM
Raise, call a 3-bet.

Anyone cap if he three bets?

Chobohoya
04-20-2005, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise, call a 3-bet.

Anyone cap if he three bets?

[/ QUOTE ]

not even a little bit.

Surfbullet
04-20-2005, 04:25 AM
Raise.

You raised UTG, and he 3-bet you and a caller - this makes his hand range pretty skewed towards the high end.

When queen pairs he can't have QQ, so you are up against AA/KK/AK/AQ/JJ..
maybe TT or 99? (he's lp preflop, right?)

Given his flop C/R I'd be more likely to put him on JJ/TT/AK than AA/KK/AQ which I feel he'd wait till the turn to raise. Sooo...I'd raise.

Now if he 3-bets I'm starting to reconsider AA/KK, but i'm quite worried about AQ. Unless he's lag (which it doesn't sound like) I think TT and JJ become very unlikely if he 3-bets the turn...

I was about to type how I think a calldown is correct...but the more I think about it a loose passive seems very unlikely to 3-bet AQ out of the BB after an UTG raise and a SB caller... that makes me more likely to cap (but just call if he bets into me on the river.)

Surf