PDA

View Full Version : KK in a 4 way pot

Shammu
04-19-2005, 05:56 PM
Hello all,

I mostly play live tournaments, about 2-3 a week. I have had this scenario happened to me more than once, and although I think I made the right move, I still question it. I am UTG and I found KK, I made a healthy raise of 3 times the BB, the MP2 called, the button called and the BB goes all in (short stack) which was a rereaise, Let's say that I was not happy with 3 people calling me to start with so I decided to push all-in to get the chips that the two other players invested so far and isolate the all in, which exactly what happened, the BB had A7 and I ended up folpping a set and then winning the hand. Now the thing that upset me was that the button goes "I'm glad I did not call you, I had 33 and I flopped a set and I would have gone all in, I was very unhappy since I would have gotton all his chips, I think I made the right decision despite the fact I could have made much more out of it if I had not pushed, what do you think?

OatmealJoe
04-19-2005, 07:00 PM
I think you are only questioning this move because you hit a set when someone else would have too. If you hadn't hit a set, and someone else took your whole stack, you would have been smacking yourself for not reraising. Make them pay to see a flop.

You don't mention the size of stacks here, but if you have a very large stack, you don't necessarily need to push all in. You can just reraise a significant enough amount to price out other people's draws.