PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know the title of this book?

RocketManJames
04-19-2005, 04:49 PM
This is a shot in the dark... but anyone know the title/author of this book?

It has to do with a guy who has this weird sense of hearing... he can even hear the plants talk. When people walk on the grass or pick a flower, he can hear the plants' screams of anguish.

The above decription might not be wholly accurate, since I never read the book. Only read snips of it long ago.

-RMJ

CrazyN8
04-19-2005, 05:17 PM
Reefer madness?

Just kidding....sounds like someone wrote that after having too much P.O.T., though.

nothumb
04-19-2005, 05:28 PM
Zonker in Doonesbury can do that.

There's this Orson Scott Card series that's an alternative history / Mormon fantasy type thing, which has a character with these sensitivities... cries when bees die, etc. Read it when I was little, don't ask.

NT

pokerjo22
04-19-2005, 05:50 PM
Roald Dahl had a 'Tales of the Unexpected' story that was something along those lines.

RocketManJames
04-20-2005, 04:39 AM
Thanks for the replies... I guess there isn't just one book/story with this idea. I will look into each of them.

-RMJ

MrFeelNothin
04-20-2005, 04:52 AM
The Ear, the Eye and the Arm?

Book about three detectives who have special abilities due to being born near toxic waste, the Ear may be the guy you are talking about. The book is from when I was pretty young though, so probably not. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif