PDA

View Full Version : Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Speaking Tonight

theBruiser500
04-19-2005, 04:38 PM
This guy is giving a speech at UMAss amherst tonight which i am hopefully going to, will give a report on it later.

[censored]
04-19-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This guy is giving a speech at UMAss amherst tonight which i am hopefully going to, will give a report on it later.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am assuming it will be on the enviroment?

xadrez
04-19-2005, 05:06 PM
Can you pick me up a Chicken and Bleu Cheese Sicilian slice from Antonio's?

tek
04-19-2005, 06:10 PM
That and Uncle Ted's advice on how to pick up chicks /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

jaxmike
04-19-2005, 06:13 PM
Or kill them?

Broken Glass Can
04-19-2005, 06:20 PM
RFK jr is like Prince Charles, the famous son of famous parents.

Why should we care what Robby has to say about the environment any more than we care what Chuck has to say about architecture?

partygirluk
04-19-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Why should we care what Robby has to say about the environment any more than we care what Chuck has to say about architecture?

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet someone was saying the same thing about a certain someone else 15 years ago /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[censored]
04-19-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ehh I not a big fan but he has been active for several years in environmental policy and has authored atleast 1 book.

Broken Glass Can
04-19-2005, 06:49 PM
Well W earned his spurs by getting elected in 1994, 1998, and 2000. RFK jr just recently declined to run for NY Attorney General in 2006.

theBruiser500
04-19-2005, 09:21 PM
his speech was really good. his speech had merit own it's own, regardless of his standing and his background. it was on the environemtn touching on things in his book "Crimes Against Nature : How George W. Bush and His Corporate Pals Are Plundering the Country and Hijacking Our Democracy"

a few interesting points from it. a ton of people in the administration are choosen directly from companies that pollute a lot or law companies that represented the polluters, these people at the highest levels too (sorry can't remember specifics off top of head).

before bush coal plants were breaking laws with their pollution and some were being prosecuted under clinton. bush took many millions from them, (i think 40 million for his 2000 election, and then another 58 million since then) and told the EPA to stop prosecuting them when elected. then he changed the laws so the polllution of these coal plants was legal and they couldn't even be prosecuted.

talked about how this is not free market capatalism democracy. in that system everyone has a right to public things like air, water. his specific example was that everyone has the right to fish from rivers and if you fished in such a way as to prevent other people from doing it, it was illegal. that is what companies are doing, polluting the water, preventing us from fishing and in that way stealing from the people and enriching themselves: a corporate subsidy.

04-19-2005, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
in his book "Crimes Against Nature : How George W. Bush and His Corporate Pals Are Plundering the Country and Hijacking Our Democracy"

[/ QUOTE ]

You failed to identify the co-author -- jaxmike

jaxmike
04-20-2005, 09:48 AM
Wow, what an incredibly ignorant and self-contradicting post. Of course, coming from who wrote it, its not a shock.

04-20-2005, 09:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, what an incredibly ignorant and self-contradicting post. Of course, coming from who wrote it, its not a shock.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, go get laid. You need it. If there's a fee involved, pm me the bill and I'll pay it.

wacki
04-20-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
his speech was really good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be very careful with Robert F Kennedy Jr. Bruiser. His views on the environment are misleading and hypocritical. He slams polluters but uses private jets and limos. It's rather hypocritical. I don't consider this a big problem, I just find it an interesting insight into his mind set. If he truly cared about the environment, and understood the situation, he would be talking about Richard Smalley and other scientists that are desperately trying to have their solutions heard. Instead he talks about "George W. Bush and His Corporate Pals" crimes and our need to vote for democrats. He is a demagogue.

Please realize that this is coming from a chicken little enviro-hippy granola dick, or atleast that's what I've been called in this forum. I'm not saying you shouldn't believe him, just take everything he says with a grain of salt and realize that he has a very bad habit of only telling only one side of the story.

Kennedy is a more of a political prosecutor than an environmental activist. There is big money to be made and a lot of power to be gained in these kind of tactics.

theBruiser500
04-20-2005, 09:47 PM
good post wacki i agree iwth all you say. one part of my personality is that i take everything i read/see at face value... that's how i immeadiately liked chomsky so much, and just nwo kennedy, etc.

wacki
04-21-2005, 01:18 AM
Glad you understand, politics is tricky and sorting through the misinformation can be very difficult. Your posts on Chomsky have peaked my interest btw. When things slow down for me, I intend to check him out. What book/article of his do you suggest I read first?

Broken Glass Can
04-21-2005, 06:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
one part of my personality is that i take everything i read/see at face value... that's how i immeadiately liked chomsky so much, and just now kennedy, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is good that you recognize this trait in yourself, and are not permanently buying into the crap Chomsky and Kennedy are selling.

btw, if I raise you at the poker table, take it at face value that I have you beat, and always fold. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

theBruiser500
04-21-2005, 02:53 PM
manufactoring consent and the indispensable chomsky, once you read it i'll be very interested to talk to you when it a) changes your outlook in accord with mine or b) you disagree with it and find a lot of faults i wnat to know what those faults are