PDA

View Full Version : Is this played correctly?

mscags
04-19-2005, 03:32 PM
7 Card Stud High-Low ($3/$6), Ante $0.5, Bring-In $1 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street

Seat 2: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif___brings-in___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___completes___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls___calls

4th Street

Seat 4: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls

5th Street

Seat 4: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls

6th Street

Seat 4: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___raises
Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___calls

River

Seat 4: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___bets
Hero: A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___checks___calls

bigredlemon
04-19-2005, 03:54 PM
Seat 4 limp/3bets, which probably means 3 babies or rolled trips. I'd like to get heads up against a low draw so as to not give him good odds to draw for his low, and so I can put the pressure on him and take the betting inititive. A 3 bet here will most likely get the 8 to fold so he'll know his 8 low isn't going to cut it.

The 6th street bet is dangerous since it's clear they both made their lows. Seat 4 has 3 suited to his door card showing. Give 3 aces are out, he likely can make a straight or at least draw to a straight. You bet isn't going to get him to fold anyway, and you have almost no chance of scooping, so i'd prefer checking. You have a very live flush draw and high two pair, so betting can't be that wrong.

Hope you got at least half, though the fact that you're posting this suggest you probably got beaten.

PoorLawyer
04-19-2005, 05:01 PM
I would reraise third and try to get it heads up.

I would also check 6th because if he is either drawing to a flush or to a low he just got there. That low also has straight potential so you could be scooped 2 ways and/or playing for half the pot against a possible redraw to that straight/flush.

Andy B
04-19-2005, 09:59 PM
I would re-raise third. Other than that, you played fine, although sixth is scary enough that you might want to check. I bet without thinking myself.