PDA

View Full Version : 77 - FPS?

JoshuaD
04-19-2005, 02:46 PM
40 hands on villian, he was a 41/21/.8

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

Comments on all streets please, but particularly the river.

einbert
04-19-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
41/21/.8

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll tell you right off that I don't like the river raise. He might pay you off with a worse hand, but I think he has a better hand than yours a lot (maybe most) of the time here, and I don't think he folds a better hand often at all. Maybe never. I really think you should just call here.

As for the turn, I think there is a good chance of him having AQ,AK in addition to overpairs when he bets into you here, and the overcard hands have 10 outs against you. For that reason I really think you should raise or fold the turn. I like raising and folding to a threebet here.

GatorXP
04-19-2005, 02:59 PM
I dont like the PFR.
To my point then the Flop is very scary for you.
Many Hands have you Crushed and the Pot is small, Fold.

shant
04-19-2005, 03:05 PM
I had a similar hand to this last night against a player with similar stats and I had 66. I called him down. I'm not sure if that is the right play, but I think calling down middle pairs on fairly raggedy boards against loose-aggressive players is profitable.

I could be wrong though, can anyone back that up?

I just noticed his AF is pretty low, did he bet rivers with A or K high?

JoshuaD
04-19-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
41/21/.8

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll tell you right off that I don't like the river raise. He might pay you off with a worse hand, but I think he has a better hand than yours a lot (maybe most) of the time here, and I don't think he folds a better hand often at all. Maybe never. I really think you should just call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I agree with you. At the time his stats weren't taken into consideration (I can't remember why, but I thought the guy was TAG-ish). Let's say villian is a TAG, is the river raise any good?

JoshuaD
04-19-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont like the PFR.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the PFR is standard. Your hand has equity against almost all of the hands the CO could have here. I raise to isolate him, getting 1.25:1 on my raise where I'm a favorite to win the hand.

The blinds don't 3-bet here often enough to offset that large edge.

27offsooot
04-19-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
41/21/.8

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I agree with you. At the time his stats weren't taken into consideration (I can't remember why, but I thought the guy was TAG-ish). Let's say villian is a TAG, is the river raise any good?

[/ QUOTE ]

Even against a tag, i think raising is pretty bad. You'll never get them to fold a higher PP, but will get them to fold hands that u beat most of the time, so u rarely will get paid off by worse hands. I suppose, he may fold A10, 99, 88.

Also, I'm not sure that most Tags will bet AK/ AQ on the river there, rather, going with the c/c.

einbert
04-19-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Even against a tag, i think raising is pretty bad. You'll never get them to fold a higher PP, but will get them to fold hands that u beat most of the time, so u rarely will get paid off by worse hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly, you just haven't played your hand like you have a jack. A good hand-reading TAG is definitely not going to put you on a jack, he'll probably pay off most of the time with the hands you want him to fold, but he's not paying off with ace high, which an overaggressive TAG could hold here.

JoshuaD
04-19-2005, 03:25 PM
Everyone's just calling down here against both a TAG and my actual opponent?

einbert
04-19-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have raised or folded the turn against either. I still want to hear more on that street.

Yes, I would have called the river though. Against *some* TAGs I would have folded the river, but against most I would have called.

27offsooot
04-19-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I would have raised or folded the turn against either. I still want to hear more on that street.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, against maniacs though, I'm just calling down.

GatorXP
04-19-2005, 03:49 PM
Someone Throw me a bone here.
Your Betting Even Money here minus the rake. Your hand will have to be good over 50 Percent of the time against a 3 bettor for this to be profitable. Basically you beat AK and He then still has a alot of outs against you.

You may well have won this hand but last time I checked we are playing poker. I wont waste my time playing mediocre hands in a 2 player pot.

Your Toast against
AA
KK
QQ
JJ
TT
AJ
AT

SeaEagle
04-19-2005, 03:52 PM
I call the river. I think you're behind more than you're getting paid off.

Just a couple weeks ago, I started capping w/ medium pairs HU against these 21PFR LAGs. So far my results have been great. I'd much rather be in control of the hand and I find it pretty easy to release the hand against continued aggression.

einbert
04-19-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Someone Throw me a bone here.
Your Betting Even Money here minus the rake. Your hand will have to be good over 50 Percent of the time against a 3 bettor for this to be profitable. Basically you beat AK and He then still has a alot of outs against you.

You may well have won this hand but last time I checked we are playing poker. I wont waste my time playing mediocre hands in a 2 player pot.

Your Toast against
AA
KK
QQ
JJ
TT
AJ
AT

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard to put a 21 PFR on a hand range on the flop but bear with me.

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>Text results appended to pokerstove.txt
71,280 games 0.078 secs 913,846 games/sec
Board: Jd 6d Ts
Dead:
equity (%) win (%) / tie (%)
Hand 1: 33.8650 % [ 00.34 00.00 ] { 7s7d }
Hand 2: 66.1350 % [ 00.66 00.00 ] { AA-99, AKs-ATs, KQs, AKo-AQo }</pre><hr />
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>Text results appended to pokerstove.txt
64,350 games 0.016 secs 4,021,875 games/sec
Board: Jd 6d Ts
Dead:
equity (%) win (%) / tie (%)
Hand 1: 34.1632 % [ 00.34 00.00 ] { 7s7d }
Hand 2: 65.8368 % [ 00.66 00.00 ] { AA-99, AKs-AJs, AKo-AQo }
</pre><hr />

With anything near 1/3 equity folding is horrible.

meep_42
04-19-2005, 03:56 PM
First blush - call/call/call

Reading the discussion, I like raising the turn, folding to a 3-bet, and going for a free showdown UI. Villain is either crushing you (3-bet), or has many outs (AKQ) to draw to.

-d

GatorXP
04-19-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would a agree with you multiway but this is a heads up pot you have 1/3 equity and As i explained you need over 1/2. Clear fold.

einbert
04-19-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would a agree with you multiway but this is a heads up pot you have 1/3 equity and As i explained you need over 1/2. Clear fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not when there are already 8 dead small bets in the pot.

You're getting 9-1 and you will win the pot 1/3 of the time. This is a simplistic view of things as you have some reverse implied odds here, and your effective odds aren't quite as good as 9-1 if you are planning on calling down the whole way no matter what the board looks like. But 1/3 equity is enough that folding with so much overlay is a pretty big mistake.

SeaEagle
04-19-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would a agree with you multiway but this is a heads up pot you have 1/3 equity and As i explained you need over 1/2.

[/ QUOTE ]
Could you explain the "over 1/2" part again? There's 4 BB in the pot at the flop. If hero takes the simplest route and just calls to the showdown, he'll invest 2 1/2 BB to win 6 1/2 BB. So he needs to win quite a bit less than "over 1/2" of the time to show a profit here.

GatorXP
04-19-2005, 04:11 PM
Ok I'm an idiot I just noticed this is a blind steal situation. so the aggro could have anything. So i wouldnt feel so bad about calling it down. Maybe I'm twisted because I had this exact same situation this morning and the guy raised the river and showed me his pocket 7s and I smiled as I flipped over pocket jacks.

JoshuaD
04-19-2005, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like a raise better than a fold -- alot of people continue betting AK/AQ here, and a raise could very easily fold an 88 or 99.