PDA

View Full Version : Drew a medium flush...river paired

benkath1
04-19-2005, 02:45 PM
Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG folds, MP3 calls.

Bet again? I'm quite sure I am behind /images/graemlins/smirk.gif but still have a decent draw.

River: (9.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero ???

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Am I too aggressive, or would too agg be betting the turn?

UncleSalty
04-19-2005, 02:47 PM
Call the turn and bet the river. Call a river raise.

krishanleong
04-19-2005, 02:47 PM
Easy river lead, 3-bet if raised. Turn bet is bad.

Krishan

McGahee
04-19-2005, 02:48 PM
The only debate should be whether you 3-bet a river raise (I wouldn't). Definitely lead out though.

irishpint
04-19-2005, 02:50 PM
bet the river. call raise. i dont see a fullhouse, or another flush beating you.

DMBFan23
04-19-2005, 02:51 PM
IMO this depends on who does the raising. there's a weird kind of potential overcalls of a raise scenario going on, if you're against players who might all overcall the potential raise from CO. especially since we will pay off a cap. I agree with your general sentiment that we should like our hand though

benkath1
04-19-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Easy river lead, 3-bet if raised.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Due to the lack of aggression on earlier streets? (no sets)

Still trying to work on my hand reading. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

benkath1
04-19-2005, 02:54 PM
OK, I think I am stuck in the 'the only hand that will call me is one that beats me' mode. Is that terrible here?

DMBFan23
04-19-2005, 02:58 PM
on the river? I expect a piece of that board to call pretty often (maybe less so because of the ace) and any 9 or slowplayed straight will probably even raise. there's a ton of value in the bet, the only question IMO is how to handle a raise (3 bet vs call). we just need to decide how to get the most money in the pot.

if we knew we'd have good position on the river bettor then we could set up a checkraise, but that won't really work often enough to make it better than betting, without a read.

JerseyDrake
04-19-2005, 03:00 PM
Many players will call with a pair of A's or even K's. Bet this river!

If someone other than CO raises your river bet you might be beaten by another flush, but you still should probably call it - especially if others call as well thus making a large pot.

krishanleong
04-19-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
there's a weird kind of potential overcalls of a raise scenario going on, if you're against players who might all overcall the potential raise from CO.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, if everyone calls and button raise, I might call. Under most circumstances I think a 3-bet is best. I believe most people with a 9 will take a shot here.

Flush over flush or full over flush is weaktight thinking.

Krishan

krishanleong
04-19-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Easy river lead, 3-bet if raised.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Due to the lack of aggression on earlier streets? (no sets)

Still trying to work on my hand reading. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much. Also after a ton of hands, you'll find flushes don't lose very often.

Krishan

krishanleong
04-19-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If someone other than CO raises your river bet you might be beaten by another flush, but you still should probably call it - especially if others call as well thus making a large pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is weak tight. You should be considering a 3-bet not a fold.

Krishan

benkath1
04-19-2005, 03:05 PM
Thank you. A ton of hands is what I need. only about 10K now, but still learning. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

JerseyDrake
04-19-2005, 03:11 PM
So if on the river Hero bets and BB raises, MP3 calls and CO calls you would 3-bet on this paired and flushed board (with you holding 4th flush)?

P.S. I said you should call it - not fold.

krishanleong
04-19-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
P.S. I said you should call it - not fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you said

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What you should have said is

If someone other than CO raises your river bet you probably aren't beaten by another flush(or fullhouse). You should definitely call it (and maybe 3-bet) - regardless if others call as well since your hand is so good.

Krishan

Greg J
04-19-2005, 03:32 PM
This is a very routine river bet. Whether you 3 bet a raise depends on reads.