PDA

View Full Version : Any reason to worry here?

TheJunkyardGod
04-19-2005, 02:31 PM
Playing 2-4 at the Borgata this morning (I was low on cash and couldnt afford anything higher) I played this hand and was curious to get some opinions.

I'm in middle position with 66. Three people are in the hand so far and I call, with the button and the two blinds right behind.

The flop comes down 6-J-K rainbow, it's checked to me and I bet. Two people call.

Turn is another K, the first guy bets, second one calls and I raise. The first guy folds and the second simply calls.

The river is an Ace. The other guy bets, I raise only for him to reraise. I'm pretty confident he must have a straight and I raise again. Suprisingly, he 5-bets and after a second, i'm convinced I have the best hand and raise one more time. He finally just calls.

Demana
04-19-2005, 02:56 PM
Although you'll get shown some surprising hands every blue moon (KJ only calling the raise on the turn, AK not raising preflop), your line is standard.

sfer
04-19-2005, 03:04 PM
No reads? 2/4 is pretty passive. I would expect your under-full loses here once he 5-bets unless he's a donk he should have KJ that is afraid of AK.

27offsooot
04-19-2005, 03:24 PM
6-betting the river with about the 6th nut hand in a B+M 2/4 game is almost always a bad idea. Against most people at this level, I would call after the 3-bet.

TheJunkyardGod
04-19-2005, 08:41 PM
sorry about not posting any reads. None of the players seemed even the slightest bit tight would call and raise with incredibly speculative hands.

Thankfully, my read was right and he flipped over Q-10, for the straight. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Quite a few people at the table were suprised with I flipped over 66 for a full house. Needless to say I had a fun time there and won back all the money I lost the night before hanging out with friends at the bar/craps table.