PDA

View Full Version : trips. good fold or to tight play?

swedeD
04-19-2005, 01:59 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero ($92.8)
MP ($51.8)
CO ($46.13)
Button ($18.53)
SB ($54.19)
BB ($42.7)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
Hero calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $0.50, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($2) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $5</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $3.

Turn: ($12) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $7</font>, Hero calls $7.

River: ($26) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB calls $41.69 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $67.69

comments: after 50 hands I haven't seen him raise. Tight passive I think, but the sample is to small. After the hand he was really curios about my hand and said he had A4. But I think he just did that for deceptive motives, or did I played to tight?

etgryphon
04-19-2005, 02:10 PM
In a 6 max, I'm definately raising preflop here...

I think I would have called the overbet at the end and been shown AJ or AT. I think you should have taken control on the flop with a reraise. You are behind specifcally two hands AK and 33. Now I think you can rule out the AK because from your post you state the guy is tight and that usually means a raise out of AK.

You have to at least then take control of turn.

I think this was pretty weak. But, I could be completely wrong. I'm founding out that a lot these days.

-Gryph

BigEndian
04-19-2005, 02:17 PM
What was your thinking with the limp PF? Vicious rumors aside, AQo is still a great hand.

I think I'm folding the end when they pry the cards out of my cold dead hands. You're easily ahead here 40% of the time or more.

- Jim

swedeD
04-19-2005, 02:19 PM
well. I played it stupid. turns out the guy is tight preflop except at SB and BB. After the flop he is constantly overplaying his cards. I was just so surprised he acted so strong after just calling and folding, and suspected like A3 or A6...

Tuben
04-19-2005, 02:19 PM
Hard to know what you should have done. But lim whi AQ utg?
Why ?? But the call on the flop i think was ok you had position on him. But you should do a big rasie pot size or even more on the turn . He proble has an A whit worse kicker. I would only be afrid of AK in this spot.Or maybe even go all in on the turn. If you have a read oon worse A.

And also beacuse you dont have to do this hard calls .On the river.

That is what i think right know. But /images/graemlins/smile.gif

swedeD
04-19-2005, 02:25 PM
Rasing PF with AQo UTG? nah, I don't know...

[ QUOTE ]

I think I'm folding the end when they pry the cards out of my cold dead hands. You're easily ahead here 40% of the time or more.

- Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha... well, I guess I have to memorize that.

Tuben
04-19-2005, 02:28 PM
Of course you have to rise AQ utg . /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I raise many hand in early position. Like QJs almost avry pair deppends alitle on the table to . and AJs and Ajo.

KJs . QK, QKs and more in a full table whit 10 players.

swedeD
04-19-2005, 02:33 PM
I'm having problem with raising with hands like AKo, AQs, AQo etc out of position. What do I gain? (I have been missing the flop so many times with AKo, and oop in a a multiway pot, there is a big risk someone hit something and will stay in the pot.)

etgryphon
04-19-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

KJs . QK, QKs and more in a full table whit 10 players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure this is great advice...those hands are definately not PF raising hands UTG in a 10 person table. From LP when it is folded to you yeah.

Big Broadway cards is best way to give reverse implied odds.

-Gryph

Tuben
04-19-2005, 02:39 PM
Bet out on the flop anyway. If you dont hit anything then check the turn. The cant know what you have you might have an overpair . So the might check the turn and river,

It is what i think. I almost evrytime bet out after i hae rised preflop. And won many many times whit nothing whit AK.

Tuben
04-19-2005, 02:44 PM
Might not be but i want an image that says a litle maniac.
But i deppends on the table also if the table is passive i would raise whit thoose hands . But maybe fold somtemis in a agressive table. Or call.

fortextreme
04-19-2005, 02:53 PM
If you're too scared to be raising your premium hands like AK and AQ in a 6 handed game then you may be more comfortable playing limit holdem where you can't lose your stack in one hand.

I love AK and AQ. You have to be raising preflop with them. If you miss with them they are easy to get away from.

Also if you're going to limp with AQ and hit trips and then fold it why not just fold it preflop. If you're waiting for the nuts to play you'll have a lot of trouble in NL. You need to loosen up your game if you're going to play 6 handed and get more aggressive. Don't be afraid to go broke if you have a great hand and some one else happens to be holding one of the two or three possibe hands that beat you.

Nowhere Man
04-19-2005, 03:03 PM
You managed to get him to throw his whole stack in the middle and you folded! He's probably put you on a high pocket pair or weak ace looking for a cheap showdown and your passive play after taking a stab at the pot screams weakness.

Ideally, you really want to define his hand better before you're calling an all-in on the river. A preflop bet rules out weak aces that might catch a boat. Raise the flop to 12 or so after his check-raise and you'll know pretty quick if he's got the other ace or not. If he comes back all-in you can fold against a possible AK but I think you're still winning more often than not in that situation. If he calls, then bet the pot on the turn and get all in on the river.

swedeD
04-19-2005, 03:07 PM
My question was basically about raising UTG with premium hands.

I definitely have to be more aggressiv, I'm working on it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

There is, though, a big difference between raising with a hand that is a favourite to win the pot and raising with the possibility to make a bluff bet after the flop.

BigEndian
04-19-2005, 03:12 PM
Playing overcards out of position when you wiff the flop is a tough thing to do - no doubt about it. How you play them depends on a lot of variables. Check-fold, CR, bet, check-push, check-call and push are all legitimate plays given the right circumstances.

- Jim

Tuben
04-19-2005, 03:12 PM
Yes but only hands that AK is a big underdog to is KK AA.
The rest is almost 50/50. And like you say the bluff bet. You might win aginst 77,88,TT, if an Q flops and you have AK and you bet and they fold. If you check the might bet and you fold. That will e expencive in the long run.