PDA

View Full Version : Best and worst day to play SnG's?

vindikation
04-19-2005, 11:26 AM
I don't have a huge sample size ~150 SnG's, but from this limited sample I only have one day with a negative -30% ROI and it's a Saturday (wtf)? My best day is Tuesday +60% ROI. My overall ROI is 38% at the $11's FWIW.

Anyway just curious to see if anyone has any "real" data that would support the weekends being the fishiest and the weekdays the tightest.

gasgod
04-19-2005, 11:37 AM
If the theory is that weaker players are free to play on weekends, then weekday evenings should also tend to be softer, say from 8:00 Eastern and later. Does anybody see this?

GG

LetYouDown
04-19-2005, 11:45 AM
Honestly, 150 SNGs is incredibly small. You can't expect to get anything statistically significant out of that sample size. You'll need at least a couple thousand, in my opinion, to be even able to ballpark anything.

I wouldn't look too deeply into that. Time of day is also a strong consideration. The general thought process is that during the day, competition is a little stiffer. I agree it's weird that your Saturday numbers are lower, but I'd wait until you get a remotely reasonable number of tournaments under your belt before reading into the numbers too much.

vindikation
04-19-2005, 11:46 AM
Sorry didn't see this thread which also covers the topic: Party Weekend tightness (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2186292&page=1&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1#Post2186831)

LetYouDown
04-19-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If the theory is that weaker players are free to play on weekends, then weekday evenings should also tend to be softer, say from 8:00 Eastern and later. Does anybody see this?

GG

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely, until you get to higher limits. Then the difference isn't nearly as high.

swarm
04-19-2005, 12:09 PM
With the wild play on the weekends I could see how you would have those results with such a shallow sample size.

Less experienced players are much more willing to call and go all in with small pocket pairs and A10,AJ,AQ, KQ.

For example this weekend I went through a stetch where I reraised to 250 with AA to have the initial raiser come over the top with 66. He hit his 6.

I then had someone raise 175 in level 1 in front of me while I was holding KK. I put them all in and they called with AJ. He hit his A.

I think I had 8 or so hands like this on Sunday, and I wanted them to call in every instance but the % just didn't go in my favor. I know they will even out as there will always be fish going all in with 44 UTG in level 2 or calling an all in with A10 off suit. That's how i make money.

On the weekends I feel I am gambeling it up more than I am on the weedays were I feel I'm playing some resemblance of post flop for the first 3 levels anyways.

On the weekends I'm just setting my traps and hoping they hold up when the fish come barreling into them.

willie
04-19-2005, 12:14 PM
no real data, but typically i run good during the week and either play bad or get bad beat up on the weekends.

it's odd.

mosdef
04-19-2005, 12:18 PM
use the search function, this had been addressed before.

conventional wisdom says the casual (re:bad) players play more on Friday and Saturday. i have gotten to the point in my life where i no longer believe conventional wisdom without numbers to back it up, so i neither believe or disbelieve this assertion. I do, however, find it believable.