PDA

View Full Version : I want to see a winning stats post to refer to...

Mig
04-19-2005, 11:16 AM
Could anyone refer me to a winning stats post where I can look at ? I want to compare my own stats. I have searched and looked about 10 pages of stats and I found no big winner. 1-3+ BB / 100 hands at 3/6 or 2/4 ...

Thanks in advance

chief444
04-19-2005, 11:26 AM
stats (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2129886&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1)

FoodForThought
04-19-2005, 11:39 AM
Is there a mean win rate??

QTip
04-19-2005, 11:51 AM
Nice...that's what I'm talking about...and it ends.

sfer
04-19-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The mean win-rate would by definition have to be equal to (-1) * rake.

CallMeIshmael
04-19-2005, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To be included in the study, the person winrate had to roughly satisfy the equation:

Winrate - SD / (# Hands/100)^0.5 > 0

Basically... this is 1 standard deviation above break ever.

And, no, I see no point to include a mean winrate.

(FWIW, Im hoping to repost that kinda soon, with pictures and stuff)

FoodForThought
04-19-2005, 12:10 PM
dude...could you please refrain from non-value-added posts. Are you going to argue with yourself again?

sfer
04-19-2005, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
dude...could you please refrain from non-value-added posts. Are you going to argue with yourself again?

[/ QUOTE ]

I answered your question.

FoodForThought
04-19-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

And, no, I see no point to include a mean winrate.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well...if the average win rate of all who submitted data was, say 0.5BB/100 hands, then I wouldn't use that info to try and gauge what is optimal. If, on the other hand...it was 3.0BB/100 hands...then I would look at the data a little differently. Yes....I know that one 17/9 can win while another 17/9 can lose...but it still changes how I look at that data.

CallMeIshmael
04-19-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well...if the average win rate of all who submitted data was, say 0.5BB/100 hands, then I wouldn't use that info to try and gauge what is optimal. If, on the other hand...it was 3.0BB/100 hands...then I would look at the data a little differently. Yes....I know that one 17/9 can win while another 17/9 can lose...but it still changes how I look at that data.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://dvdmedia.ign.com/media/reviews/image/beauty_bag.jpg

Sometimes there's so much lame posting in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in.

FoodForThought
04-19-2005, 12:26 PM
OK....I will sink to your level. You are a ^%#& arrogant, know-it-all, &^%$ jackass!!!!

Oh, probably just out of diapers too...............

CallMeIshmael
04-19-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OK....I will sink to your level. You are a ^%#& arrogant, know-it-all, &^%$ jackass!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

OK... I'll give a serious response:

The mathematical probability that I was able to find 30+ posters who would yield an average winrate of 0.5, yet all fit the "1 SD above break-even" rule is like 0.000000001%.

No, of course not, the mean winrate was not 0.5BB/100. And it, of course, WASNT EVEN CLOSE.

I feel I can be a helpful person. In fact, even last night I spent an hour helping a fellow poster over PM who had some beginner type questions.

But, after your comments towards me like this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=smallholdem&Number=216 4695&Forum=,,All_Forums,,&Words=&Searchpage=1&Limi t=25&Main=2154388&Search=true&where=&Name=13280&da terange=&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype= &bodyprev=#Post2164695) I see no reason to not treat you like a sub-human retard when you ask sub-human retard type questions.

Mig
04-19-2005, 12:43 PM
Thank you for your helpful link. right after posting this I saw it /images/graemlins/smile.gifé Really nice info. After 20k hands I'm less than break even. Instead of doing an other "please tell me what I'm doing wrong" I wanted to see by my self what are my leaks..

Thanks again

FoodForThought
04-19-2005, 12:46 PM
You comments do not foster open discussions. Any sane person would understand my question. If you think my questions are stupid, don't respond. I have no idea who responded to you for your data. Using the word 'sub-human' proves that you think you are better than others. You are not...I don't care if you are the best poker player in the world....bottom line is that you are an immature, egocentric, jackass.

sfer
04-19-2005, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You comments do not foster open discussions. Any sane person would understand my question. If you think my questions are stupid, don't respond. I have no idea who responded to you for your data. Using the word 'sub-human' proves that you think you are better than others. You are not...I don't care if you are the best poker player in the world....bottom line is that you are an immature, egocentric, jackass.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're embarrassing yourself Steve.

AngryCola
04-19-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bottom line is that you are an immature, egocentric, jackass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aw come on, just say it.

You're jealous.

[ QUOTE ]
Using the word 'sub-human' proves that you think you are better than others.

[/ QUOTE ]

:bites tounge:

meep_42
04-19-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://dvdmedia.ign.com/media/reviews/image/beauty_bag.jpg

Sometimes there's so much lame posting in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant, in my opinion.

-d

CallMeIshmael
04-19-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You comments do not foster open discussions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Often, this is not the case.

[ QUOTE ]

Any sane person would understand my question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any sane person would have done 2 things:

A) read the equation that I provided, and deduced that your second question didnt need to be asked

or

B) Asked what the equation meant

Like I said before... I fully admit that my comments toward you were kind of condescending. I would almost never make that comment to another poster.

But... If, in another thread, you imply that I should have a tough time getting though life because of how dumb I am, then yeah, Im gonna make comments like that.

CallMeIshmael
04-19-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Brilliant, in my opinion.

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/smirk.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

To tell you the truth, I've had that idea goin for like a week now... I just had to wait.

FoodForThought
04-19-2005, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're embarrassing yourself Steve.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really Dave? Funny, I don't feel embarrassed. I'm done posting with those that are still children. Good luck all...see ya!!!

FoodForThought
04-19-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But... If, in another thread, you imply that I should have a tough time getting though life because of how dumb I am, then yeah, Im gonna make comments like that.

[/ QUOTE ]
"...getting though life?" Nice one.
"...because of how dumb I am?" Never once did I say you were dumb. Very revealing.

sfer
04-19-2005, 01:10 PM
I thought you left.

CallMeIshmael
04-19-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"...getting though life?" Nice one.
"...because of how dumb I am?" Never once did I say you were dumb. Very revealing.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I couldnt "get" what you were saying.. you said:

"lmao.....

must be tough to be you.......... "

If this doesnt imply that I am not that bright, then what is it saying?

(btw... sorry all... this is bumping useful threads off the first page... this is my last comment in this thread)

mr pink
04-19-2005, 01:22 PM
ish,

why is it that you get flamed on my random posters like every other day?

CallMeIshmael
04-19-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ish,

why is it that you get flamed on my random posters like every other day?

[/ QUOTE ]

A big part of it is, that I CANT not respond.

I really have to learn to do so, as I feel these last two thrads I got involved in havent helped the forum at all. (again sorry all).

PS: Though I was done with this thread, I had to see what you had to say.

chief444
04-19-2005, 01:24 PM
Steve,

I hope you realize it's pointless threads like these that are really making this forum less and less worthwhile. It's a pain to browse through garbage like this just to find a thread with some meaningful discussion.

And you should be thanking Jordan instead of bickering with him. He took a lot of time to put that link together and IMO contributes quite a bit in general to this forum. Whether you agree with that or not I don't really care. But at the very least everyone recognizes that he makes a great effort to contribute. So at least show some respect for that if nothing else, please.

Matt

CallMeIshmael
04-19-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Steve,

I hope you realize it's pointless threads like these that are really making this forum less and less worthwhile. It's a pain to browse through garbage like this just to find a thread with some meaningful discussion.

And you should be thanking Jordan instead of bickering with him. He took a lot of time to put that link together and IMO contributes quite a bit in general to this forum. Whether you agree with that or not I don't really care. But at the very least everyone recognizes that he makes a great effort to contribute. So at least show some respect for that if nothing else, please.

Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks chief.

Again, I do feel kinda bad about the comment I made, and it was a bit over the line.

But, it was mainly a residual from that other thread.

(OK.... I REALLY need to stop buming this)

sfer
04-19-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PS: Though I was done with this thread, I had to see what you had to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not yet. You go to Cornell? I'm going up to Ithaca in late May (sister is graduating). Any word on Turning Stone, etc.

CallMeIshmael
04-19-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not yet. You go to Cornell? I'm going up to Ithaca in late May (sister is graduating). Any word on Turning Stone, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude... yes.

When are you coming?

sfer
04-19-2005, 01:30 PM
Memorial Day Weekend. I'll send you a PM as it gets closer.

CallMeIshmael
04-19-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Memorial Day Weekend. I'll send you a PM as it gets closer.

[/ QUOTE ]

cool.