PDA

View Full Version : How much credit should I give here?

TheWorstPlayer
04-19-2005, 10:21 AM
Just sat down, of course.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (6 max, 9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (12.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB

Am I not giving enough credit to the limp/re-raiser or to the postflop cold caller?

jrz1972
04-19-2005, 10:24 AM
I play this the same way. I don't give any special respect to LRRs or especially coldcalls at this level.

@bsolute_luck
04-19-2005, 10:28 AM
limp/reraisers make me wanna puke /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif

his play is bizarre. he doesn't cap the flop, but leads out on the turn??? i'd probably play this the same way.

KaiShin
04-19-2005, 10:48 AM
Looks fine to me. A lot of people like to LRR with crap just because they can.

TheWorstPlayer
04-19-2005, 11:23 AM
No reason for concern when I raise a limp/re-raiser and then I get 3-bet on the flop (when he HAS to expect a cap)?

KaiShin
04-19-2005, 11:28 AM
CO's 3-bet on the flop could mean AJ-QJ, or a set. When he doesn't raise the turn, I think its safe to narrow him down to a pair. Anyone with a set would surely raise here with two hearts out.

People love to coldcall with anything at these limits.

Cooker
04-19-2005, 11:31 AM
In my experience, a limp/reraise is usually a big hand. From time to time I see a strange play usually involving any 2 suited cards, but I would expect AA or KK here. Still, I think a raise on the flop is in order and I would still call the reraise with top pair and a backdoor flush draw. You must at least call the turn since you pick up the flush draw. I would call one more on the end, because your hand is solid and the pot is pretty big. However, I expect to get shown AA or KK more often than not from UTG. I bet CO has JT.

UTGs call of the flop reraise then bet the turn also suggests power, but I am surprised he didn't try a check raise on the turn. Still, this suggests he is trying to work in multiple bets on the expensive streets.

Anyone who calls a raise cold with only 2 people in before them preflop deserves no credit. They almost certainly don't have AA,KK, or QQ because even the weakest-tightest players are 3 betting these. I also doubt CO has a set because he would probably raise on the turn as well.

McGahee
04-19-2005, 11:39 AM
I play it the same on every street. Really like the flop play. NH

TheWorstPlayer
04-19-2005, 11:45 AM
Maybe it's too early to give results, but I'm traveling for the next two days and won't have a chance.

UTG had TT and CO had QJs. Not really TOO surprising, although if I were UTG, I'm probably dropping that on the flop instead of calling two cold back to me. And as CO, I think I would have just called my raise on the flop and then raised the turn if it were one back to me, or folded if it were two to me again on the turn. What do you guys think?

KingOtter
04-19-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I not giving enough credit to the limp/re-raiser or to the postflop cold caller?

[/ QUOTE ]

Limp-re-raisers I've seen lately have mostly been laggy, and have re-raised with pocket pairs... even small ones.

People have a way of disrespecting A's and K's pre-flop until they see that they're going to get some action.

I'd probably expect to see KK from UTG, and maybe KJ or another AJ from CO, but I think if I just sat down I'd call it down.

KO

KingOtter
04-19-2005, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's too early to give results, but I'm traveling for the next two days and won't have a chance.

UTG had TT and CO had QJs. Not really TOO surprising, although if I were UTG, I'm probably dropping that on the flop instead of calling two cold back to me. And as CO, I think I would have just called my raise on the flop and then raised the turn if it were one back to me, or folded if it were two to me again on the turn. What do you guys think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I think if I were CO I'd be as confused as I was if I were Hero, and have to call down after my 3-bet. It's not capped and yet UTG comes out firing, so he must have a pair. That he's not scared of the J is odd since I know the results now, but since I have a J I'm not going to get pushed around by someone expecting me to fold.

KO