PDA

View Full Version : Two 6-12 Trump Chiciago hands

icepick
04-19-2005, 09:24 AM
Hand 1:

I havae A /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif UTG, and raise. Fishy player to my left calls, folded around to the BB (loose, but not horrible) who also calls.

Flop is 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Check, I bet, both call.

Turn is 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Check, I bet, both call.

River is 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. BB bets into me. Hero.....

Hand 2.

Kill pot, so the stakes have gone to 10-20. I'm UTG with TT, and raise. Folded around to the button, a tight player, who re raises. Both blinds fold, I call.

Flop comes ATx. I bet, button raises, I reraise, he caps.

Turn is a blank. I check-call.

River is a J. I check-call.

Weak? Was this justified, or was I seeing monsters under the bed?

crunchy1
04-19-2005, 10:04 AM
Hand 1: Hero calls

Hand 2: Check-raise (or lead) the turn. If he doesn't 3-bet then lead the river. If he does 3-bet call him down.

chief444
04-19-2005, 10:07 AM
Hand 1 I call.

Hand 2 I'm usually check/raising the turn. Maybe I'll call down if 3-bet. Depends on the opponent and how many hands I think he'd 3-bet with preflop and if I felt he would play AK or AA the same or not postflop. 3-bets in live 6/12 games mean a little more typically than they do online.

Fat Nicky
04-19-2005, 10:10 AM
Hand 1: Raise. If the fishy player to act after hero folds, the BB is likely to call, so you make the same as if you call and get and overcall from the fish than if you raise and get the slight possibility that the fishy player coldcalls 2. I am not worried at all about being beat by a full house.

Hand 2: I'd lead the turn, if raised, i'm calling down from there.

Fat Nicky
04-19-2005, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

chief,
are you just calling the river to get an overcall, or because when we are 3-bet we are almost always up against a full house? (looking at the board, a full house seems unlikely)

crunchy1
04-19-2005, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
are you just calling the river to get an overcall, or because when we are 3-bet we are almost always up against a full house? (looking at the board, a full house seems unlikely)

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree it's unlikely but, against 2 loose players, calling the whole way and the board double-pairs on the river: What are you doing if you raise and it's 3-bet?

Fat Nicky
04-19-2005, 10:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree it's unlikely but, against 2 loose players, calling the whole way and the board double-pairs on the river: What are you doing if you raise and it's 3-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

i am a retard, dont' listen to me, i didn't notice the board was double paired....calling the river is obviously better than raising.

FoodForThought
04-19-2005, 10:24 AM
Hand 1: I just call. Whenever there is a good chance you were rivered and there is another player behind you....just call and go for the overcall. A raise will more than likely only get a weaker hand to fold or stronger hand to call (behind you) and/or get reraised by bettor.

Hand 2: I bet turn just in case he might check. I sometimes positional raise for a cheap showdown with that flop and KK. Some players will try once more if reraised by capping (backdoor flush possible...no suits???). If he raises the turn, I just call down from there.

Fat Nicky
04-19-2005, 10:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: Raise. If the fishy player to act after hero folds, the BB is likely to call, so you make the same as if you call and get and overcall from the fish than if you raise and get the slight possibility that the fishy player coldcalls 2. I am not worried at all about being beat by a full house.

Hand 2: I'd lead the turn, if raised, i'm calling down from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

as i mentioned above, i didn't notice the board was double paired....calling the river is the play on hand 1.

chief444
04-19-2005, 10:28 AM
Partly because I don't mind an overcall. A 2 or 9 obviously never folds anyway. But also because I think a FH is more likely than you're saying. Fishy players in live games would not typically show any aggression with a 9 or 2 until the river. They would however check/call the flop and turn with either a 9 or 2.

I think raising with the intention of calling a 3-bet would be pretty bad. If you fold to a 3-bet I don't mind as much. But I still prefer a call.

icepick
04-19-2005, 11:20 AM
Hand 1: I folded. Had I been closing the action, I would have called. Fishy player folded, and loose takes it down. I am certian that he had either a 9 or a 2.

Hand 2: Villian shows AK and sates "I think we're splitting." I think I chickened out, and should have definatly lead out on the turn.