PDA

View Full Version : HU sngs

Mr_J
04-19-2005, 08:55 AM
Decided I'm going to be playing HU tournies at PS for a few days. Just started off 1tabling the $5s (getting a feel for the structure), but hopefully will be playing $50s soon. The $5s I played were pretty fun (better than a full sng), but I guess that's because you are actually doing something.

2tabling should be easy. I'll leave my thoughts on 3-4 tabling when I get to try it out, but I think it can definately be done effectively.

Big Limpin'
04-19-2005, 09:21 AM
Have you ever been 4 tabling normal SnGs, and got heads up in all 4 of them? At the same time?

DO you think you are making your best decisions in all of them, every move? Do you think you could keep this pace up for half an hour?

Im not trying to be a smartass, and i have very limited experience with HUsng, but my gut tells me that 2 tabling is prolly the limits if you plan to win money at them.

WOuld be thrilled to be proven wrong though! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BL - Limpin' aint easy...

Mr_J
04-19-2005, 09:55 AM
"ave you ever been 4 tabling normal SnGs, and got heads up in all 4 of them? At the same time?"

Yep. I've hit the grandslam 4 tabling (and been HU on all 4 quite a few times) and had 5 HU while 6 tabling. Remember that HU in full sngs is basically push & fold though, doing 4 HU sngs might be a little tougher.

Anyway, I don't think making it to HU on 4 tables is any tougher than having to deal with 4 bubble situations. More decisions but less you need to take into account.

"DO you think you are making your best decisions in all of them, every move?"

No. I'm human, I make mistakes.

"Do you think you could keep this pace up for half an hour?"

Yep.

"but my gut tells me that 2 tabling is prolly the limits if you plan to win money at them."

I think it just takes getting used to, ie experience automating your thought process. I guess we'll see how I handle it.