PDA

View Full Version : Isn't it obvious what I have?

theblitz
04-19-2005, 06:40 AM
Villian is not a bad player.
He is the one who busted my aces earlier.
His PT stats show a decent BB/100 profit.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button ($137.2)
SB ($54.9)
Hero ($43.4)
UTG ($107.55)
MP ($29.27)

Preflop: Hero is BB with ? ?. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB (poster) calls $1.75, Hero calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks.

Turn: ($6) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $6</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $12</font>, UTG calls $6.

River: ($30) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $30</font>, Hero calls $19.40 (All-In).

Final Pot: $89.40

The_Bends
04-19-2005, 08:40 AM
Well you clearly have something you like a lot what with betting really small and then min RRing, probably a FH or a strong Queen.

Why do you ask?

TheWorstPlayer
04-19-2005, 09:10 AM
Let me guess...22? Could be 66...

swolfe
04-19-2005, 09:32 AM
QQ

lead for more on the turn...$3 or $4

i'd also lead for more on the river. i almost never bet less than half the pot.

Rushtime
04-19-2005, 09:57 AM
Yes, you have KQ.

You are getting 2-1 preflop - if you had a big pair, you should have raised preflop. When out of position you should try to end the hand quicker and with 2 people in the pot already a raise would be called for with AA, KK. With the small blind in I'll rule out blind defending cards as he's already doing the defending. I put you in a range of hands from mid pairs to high suited connectors to A-x where X is a face.

Also noted is the UTG bet. With no callers in front and a bet of 4x the BB it seems to indicate a blind steal rather than a premium holding. I would expect a bet of 3x the BB for a high value hand and a bet of 4x or 5x for lower standings.

Flop: ($6) 2, Q, Q (3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks

There is a good chance to steal the pot (depending on what you put the UTG player on). If you have a Q you will probably check to induce the preflop raiser to make a continuation bet. With that flop nothing is too scary if you have a queen. Overpairs are huge underdogs and there is no flush/straight draws out. If you bet with the queen, you will likely not get any callers.

If the UTG player had a Qx or a PP then he should bet here to define his hand. I put him on AK, AJ or KJs with some lower blind stealing hands thrown in as well (i.e. A10, J10) with no bet. AQ and KQ is a possibility - if he hit the flop this hard he wouldn't bet it for the same reasons you wouldn't already mentioned.

Turn: ($6) 6 (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $2, UTG raises to $6, SB folds, Hero raises to $12, UTG calls $6.

Your bet of 2 makes the pot 8 and is offering 4-1 to any callers. The chance of hitting the flush draw is 1 in 4 and the expected value if it hits make a flush draw an auto call. His raise is intended to win the pot right there. With the call (and no reraise) I put him on a hand that has some outs - either a pair (that cannot beat trip Q's) or the flush draw.

With the 2 flush on board the reraise from the UTG player gets the SB out of the hand. A reraise here indicates a hand that is beatable by the flush (otherwise you would want him to call and catch the flush card). I put you on a Q or a high PP - although the PP should have been bet on the flop (IMHO).

River: ($30) K (2 players)
Hero bets $10, UTG raises to $30, Hero calls $19.40 (All-In).

From the action here you could have checked if you thought you were best and that your opponent was on the flush draw. Your bet teases him as he knows you are not on the flush draw with your turn reraise. Your 10 bet makes 40 in the pot, once again giving him 4-1 odds on the call. The UTG player elects to reraise - I can now safely put him on minimum 2 pair (either with the King or maybe a hand like Aq for trips). He may indeed have hit the flush.

Your call is really automatic as the pot has now risen up to 70. You are now getting 7-2 (or 3.5 to 1) on the call. I would call with AQ, AK, KK, AA, flush or 66.

From the way you played the hand I rule out KK or AA (no bet on flop), AK would mean you had bluffed and rebluffed on the turn (not likely). Most probably you have the Q - the question is what is your kicker. Calling with AQ is mandatory, but with your raise on the end when the flush draw hit (giving you correct odds to call regardless) indicates you hit your boat.

On a side note, I rule out 22 as too weak to play for a raise/reraise on the turn. 66 is definitely possible (you saw the boat for 2 preflop), but I doubt you would reraise so much on the turn if you put your opponent on a flush draw.

My vote is KQ.

Rushtime

theblitz
04-19-2005, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why do you ask?

[/ QUOTE ]
Was wondering why the guy went all the way with me.
Short of actually showing the cards I think I did everything to give away my hand.

etgryphon
04-19-2005, 10:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, you have KQ.

You are getting 2-1 preflop - if you had a big pair, you should have raised preflop. When out of position you should try to end the hand quicker and with 2 people in the pot already a raise would be called for with AA, KK. With the small blind in I'll rule out blind defending cards as he's already doing the defending. I put you in a range of hands from mid pairs to high suited connectors to A-x where X is a face.

Also noted is the UTG bet. With no callers in front and a bet of 4x the BB it seems to indicate a blind steal rather than a premium holding. I would expect a bet of 3x the BB for a high value hand and a bet of 4x or 5x for lower standings.

Flop: ($6) 2, Q, Q (3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks

There is a good chance to steal the pot (depending on what you put the UTG player on). If you have a Q you will probably check to induce the preflop raiser to make a continuation bet. With that flop nothing is too scary if you have a queen. Overpairs are huge underdogs and there is no flush/straight draws out. If you bet with the queen, you will likely not get any callers.

If the UTG player had a Qx or a PP then he should bet here to define his hand. I put him on AK, AJ or KJs with some lower blind stealing hands thrown in as well (i.e. A10, J10) with no bet. AQ and KQ is a possibility - if he hit the flop this hard he wouldn't bet it for the same reasons you wouldn't already mentioned.

Turn: ($6) 6 (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $2, UTG raises to $6, SB folds, Hero raises to $12, UTG calls $6.

Your bet of 2 makes the pot 8 and is offering 4-1 to any callers. The chance of hitting the flush draw is 1 in 4 and the expected value if it hits make a flush draw an auto call. His raise is intended to win the pot right there. With the call (and no reraise) I put him on a hand that has some outs - either a pair (that cannot beat trip Q's) or the flush draw.

With the 2 flush on board the reraise from the UTG player gets the SB out of the hand. A reraise here indicates a hand that is beatable by the flush (otherwise you would want him to call and catch the flush card). I put you on a Q or a high PP - although the PP should have been bet on the flop (IMHO).

River: ($30) K (2 players)
Hero bets $10, UTG raises to $30, Hero calls $19.40 (All-In).

From the action here you could have checked if you thought you were best and that your opponent was on the flush draw. Your bet teases him as he knows you are not on the flush draw with your turn reraise. Your 10 bet makes 40 in the pot, once again giving him 4-1 odds on the call. The UTG player elects to reraise - I can now safely put him on minimum 2 pair (either with the King or maybe a hand like Aq for trips). He may indeed have hit the flush.

Your call is really automatic as the pot has now risen up to 70. You are now getting 7-2 (or 3.5 to 1) on the call. I would call with AQ, AK, KK, AA, flush or 66.

From the way you played the hand I rule out KK or AA (no bet on flop), AK would mean you had bluffed and rebluffed on the turn (not likely). Most probably you have the Q - the question is what is your kicker. Calling with AQ is mandatory, but with your raise on the end when the flush draw hit (giving you correct odds to call regardless) indicates you hit your boat.

On a side note, I rule out 22 as too weak to play for a raise/reraise on the turn. 66 is definitely possible (you saw the boat for 2 preflop), but I doubt you would reraise so much on the turn if you put your opponent on a flush draw.

My vote is KQ.

Rushtime

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

-Gryph

swolfe
04-19-2005, 03:32 PM
results?

spoohunter
04-19-2005, 03:33 PM
Clearly 66.

xorbie
04-19-2005, 03:41 PM
I agree. QQ is hard to put you on, because it leaves not much for the other guy to have. 66 would have bet that flop though (well if it was me). So I'd say 22?

TrailofTears
04-19-2005, 03:52 PM
AQ.