PDA

View Full Version : Improving postflop...

Mr_J
04-19-2005, 04:09 AM
I want to improve my postflop play. The only poker I've played is party sngs (besides a few hours of O8) so my postflop ain't that flash. Anyway, what do you guys suggest, play some deeper stacks sngs reguarly or hit NL ring (I guess both)? Lorinda has said the SSNL board have alot of poor info, is the mid-high stakes board any better?

I want to be playing alot of MTTs in the future so much better postflop skills will help me out there. Also wouldn't mind hitting some ring every now and then as a change of pace.

I might try some 5 player and HU sngs every now and then. For a bit of a change, but also improve shorter handed and postflop skills. As to how these can improve my 1k stacked play at party-
5 player sngs improve ITM play and postflop skills?
HU mainly just improve postflop skills?

Apathy
04-19-2005, 04:14 AM
You have a lot of good ideas. The advice I've given in the past is:

-Lurk in mid-high stakes NL

-Play Nl ring

-Learn how to play a different game like OmahaPL, it can really help your NLHE post flop skills.

-Some sites also have deep stacked MTTs which can give you a cheap way to get a lot of hands in too.

TheUsher
04-19-2005, 04:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You have a lot of good ideas. The advice I've given in the past is:

-Lurk in mid-high stakes NL

-Play Nl ring

-Learn how to play a different game like OmahaPL, it can really help your NLHE post flop skills.

-Some sites also have deep stacked MTTs which can give you a cheap way to get a lot of hands in too.

[/ QUOTE ]

^^^ This is a great way to be able to move up in levels if you're stuck always jumping up and losing your ass. Even if you're breaking even at the above you'll learn a lot.

PrayingMantis
04-19-2005, 06:12 AM
SNGs are obviously not a place where any post-flop can be played and developed, even in sites where the stacks are a little deeper. In Party there's practically no post-flop in most cases. The thing is, most on-line MTTs don't allow you to practice much of post-flop either, and when you do find yourself in tricky post-flop situations, you're in trouble, because you're lost. I'd suggest playing a lot of ring and HU, but I think you already know this.