PDA

View Full Version : Worst Beat Ive Seen (Not My Hand Though - Low Content)

kamjah
04-19-2005, 03:41 AM
This has to be the strangest fishiest behavior i have ever seen. I defiinitly feel that this hand deserves some mention. Fortunately, i was not the victim in this hand.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG ($142.9)
MP ($87.3)
Hero ($101)
SB ($39.36)
BB ($79.68)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls $0.50.

Flop: ($2.75) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $9</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $12</font>, MP calls $3.

Turn: ($26.75) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $15</font>, MP calls $15.

River: ($56.75) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $45</font>, MP calls $45.

Final Pot: $146.75

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has 6d Jc (full house, jacks full of sixes).
MP has Kd Jh (three of a kind, jacks).
Outcome: UTG wins $146.75. </font>

PoBoy321
04-19-2005, 03:53 AM
Eh, it's not that bad of a beat. UTG has 3 outs to win and 6 outs to tie. UTG playing J6o and MP min-raising KJo is fishy, but the rest of the hand isn't too bad.

PITTM
04-19-2005, 03:58 AM
i guess...ive seen worse...and i see 3 outers all the time, thats just what happens...i dont think someone calling the other guy down with trips is strange at all at any level.

rj

-Skeme-
04-19-2005, 04:05 AM
You haven't been playing very long.

DrPublo
04-19-2005, 04:25 AM
Lame.

Just the other night my buddy hit two one-outers in a row when he caught the rough end of a set over set. Sucking out to quads rules.

Then there are the less-than-one outers. I've done these too....one pair all in against a set on the flop and you need running cards to make a straight or flush.

All in all, your "worst beat ever" isn't really horrible at all. 3 outs to win, 5 others to tie. Bleh.

Bleh.

The Doc

TheWorstPlayer
04-19-2005, 04:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Then there are the less-than-one outers. I've done these too....one pair all in against a set on the flop and you need running cards to make a straight or flush.

[/ QUOTE ]
These 'less than one outers' often can win or tie with several varieties of runner runner. Like running quads or trips on the board will often give you a win or tie if you have an overpair for example. Anyways, this beat is pathetic. I was at least hoping it was a one-outer. Obviously the best are where you need running perfect cards. Like running one sided straight flush to beat nuts flush. Or running AA with AA to beat KKKK or whatever. This bad beat post isn't even a good bad beat post.

kamjah
04-20-2005, 12:33 AM
aright aright, so maybe it wasn't so bad. /images/graemlins/grin.gif i was just confused on his mindset, knowingly betting into a person who has just flopped trips. i guess another pretty bad one, was when i saw one player raise to 4, and another player re-raise to 15, and a third player call. flop comes 2j2. first player throws down a potsized raise, 2nd calls, 3rd goes all-in. both call. turn and river are blanks. 1st player shows KK, 2nd player shows AA, 3rd player shows 26 offsuit. /images/graemlins/confused.gif.

AncientPC
04-20-2005, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You haven't been playing very long.

[/ QUOTE ]

-Skeme-
04-20-2005, 12:48 AM
Few months ago. Nearing end of the $22 HU Tourney on Stars. In the money and down to 4 people I believe. Right before the round stars I start getting a head ache out of nowhere.. my head starts pounding and I start getting extremely hot. Like, unable to focus on playing with decent money up for grabs.. I head to the bathroom to grab some Advil and what do we have? My toilet has been overflowing for about 15 minutes straight and my [censored] hallway is flooded. Great feeling.. I lost my next match.

the machine
04-20-2005, 01:02 AM
its not that bad of a beat, its 72 28 ish pre flop and he has 3 outs, many 3 outters will get hit on the river belive me ive seen much much worse, read my recent post of bad beats and see what you think of them......

piratemike
04-20-2005, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Few months ago. Nearing end of the $22 HU Tourney on Stars. In the money and down to 4 people I believe. Right before the round stars I start getting a head ache out of nowhere.. my head starts pounding and I start getting extremely hot. Like, unable to focus on playing with decent money up for grabs.. I head to the bathroom to grab some Advil and what do we have? My toilet has been overflowing for about 15 minutes straight and my [censored] hallway is flooded. Great feeling.. I lost my next match.

[/ QUOTE ]
Now that's a bad beat.

BobboFitos
04-20-2005, 02:08 AM
bad beat:

i come home and the cable guy is doing my girlfriend on my bed

Edit: this never happened.

-Skeme-
04-20-2005, 02:12 AM
Good thing you gave her crabs.

Tuben
04-20-2005, 02:12 AM
That is a joke /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Damn i have cracked a floped fullhouse he had A9 and flopped A999 and i had AQ . Turn Q river Q /images/graemlins/smile.gif Thats /images/graemlins/smile.gif