PDA

View Full Version : AK play

TruFloridaGator
04-19-2005, 12:45 AM
Full Table, everyone has about 1500 chips
Blinds are 15/30.
No reads on Villian.
UTG+2 limps, folds around to Hero on the button. Button has AdKc & makes it 120 to go. SB, BB fold & UTG+2 calls.

Flop: As2d4d (320)
Villian checks, Hero bets 400, Villian calls 400

Turn: 7s (1120)
Hero bets 400, Villian Calls

River: 9s (1920)
Hero Raises AI 520, Villian calls

Final pot(2960)

I figured maybe 2 pair on the turn or possibly the flop but I have had people turn over AQ, AJ, A10, A9 more often than not in these situations. Is this an overplay of AK? What are some better plays on each street? Thanks!

TruFloridaGator
04-19-2005, 01:50 AM
um..bump Am I missing some info?

strelok
04-19-2005, 02:51 AM
I can't imagine anything higher then AQ and less then AT (possibly KdQd) unless he called your 4xBB pf raise with 35. I also would not discount JJ-QQ. With KK he would not limp UTG+2.
If he caught a second pair on the turn I would imagine a re-raise. If you were prepared to go all in on the river, why not push all your chips in on the turn?

EverettKings
04-19-2005, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you were prepared to go all in on the river, why not push all your chips in on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because online players will call off their whole stack spread over two streets, but not all at once.

However, I think that's a pretty big overbet on the flop. No better hand folds obviously, and you scare off a lot of the mediocre hands that would call a smaller bet. 88, A7, and a variety of hands will stick around if its not a HUGE bet. You don't have to give them odds, but lure them in a bit. The turn and river I'd just keep betting, slightly increasing, which might get me almost all in by the end. Just pay off A9 if he rivers two pair. The other 9/10 times you nearly double.

-Kings

Matt Walker
04-19-2005, 03:11 AM
There are diamonds out. I push the turn. If no diamonds I look to check raise the turn all in, and if its checked behind bet 400 at the river.

Apathy
04-19-2005, 03:16 AM
You have some bet sizing issues. Bet much less on the flop, 2/3rds of the pot or so since the board is two tone. Bet WAY more on the turn, you give a flush draw almost correct immediate odds to draw the turn and this is a big mistake early on. You need to push if you think your opponent has the draw or check behind and call a river bet if you are more interested in pot control.

Since this is a 5 I would be more likely to hammer away on the turn, since you beat a lot of the hands opponent could hold, not just the flush draw.

TruFloridaGator
04-19-2005, 04:04 AM
He turned over 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif
I got a good laugh on the day. I figured out why he called me down like he did, was beat the whole way, just could only laugh knowing he limped & then called a 4x raise w/ 35s /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif