PDA

View Full Version : Vile Wenches

Aukai
04-19-2005, 12:39 AM
I hated everything about this hand. Villain is 67/8 after only 25 or so hands, haven't seen him do anything noteworthy.

Do I give this up after he calls my flop checkraise? I'd hate to let him have it if he limp reraised with AK diamonds or something. I figure I've represented something big, may as well follow through. Spewage?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button ($67.85)
SB ($26.6)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($56.1)</font>
UTG ($32.25)
UTG+1 ($42.75)
MP1 ($77.5)
<font color="#C00000">MP2 ($44.1)</font>
CO ($49.5)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB (poster) completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $5.5</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $2.50.

Flop: ($11.50) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $15</font>, MP2 calls $13.

Turn: ($41.50) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font> Hero pushes, Villain calls.

xorbie
04-19-2005, 12:48 AM
67/8 doesn't help you much because the only thing you're really beating is AJ. Putting him on exactly AK/images/graemlins/diamond.gif is probably not +EV, and by probably I mean definitely. Keep in mind there are more ways for him to have JJ, KK or AA than AK/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and all could play it this way.

Aukai
04-19-2005, 12:55 AM
I didn't say I put him on exactly AK, I said I'd hate for him to have that and give up on the turn. I'm well aware that he could, and probably does, have AA or KK by the time we get to the turn. But there's so much money in there, maybe I have enough fold equity to make pushing +EV.

2 questions:

1) Is this flop line good?

and

2) Given the line I did take, what's my turn action given that he just called the flop raise?

xorbie
04-19-2005, 01:05 AM
Given this flop, I think the line you took is decent. It gets rid of AK/AQ without losing a continuation bet, but doesn't let them see a free turn. I think you could raise less here, because he's drawing to 6 outs usually (given that you have the Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and the J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif is on the board, it's pretty unlikely he has a flush draw).

Given that he just called the flop, it looks like he is trying to milk with KK/AA/JJ. I don't mind check/folding here and then check/calling a tiny bet on the river, check/folding to anything else. You're beat 9/10 here I think.

Also, there is no such thing as fold equity against AA/KK online. Trust me, I've tried. It almost worked. But it didn't.