PDA

View Full Version : set overed well almost

timmer
04-18-2005, 11:54 PM
I thought this was an interesting and not so frequent incidence.

I thought it interesting that all players involved acted deceptivly on the flop

the LAP was doing a pretty good job at sucking out on me from this point on by playing every hand.

timmer

PokerStars Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO (SLAA)/ calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB (LAP)/ checks.

Flop: (6 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">LAP bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, SLAA calls, SB folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">LAP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SLAA 3-bets</font>, LAP calls $4 (All-In), <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SLAA calls.

River: (15.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SLAA raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 13.50 BB, between SLAA, LAP and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="#FFFFFF">Pot won by LAP (13.50 BB).</font>
<font color="#009B00">Pot 2: 6 BB, between SLAA and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="#FFFFFF">Pot won by Hero (6 BB).</font>

Results in green <font color="green"> [b] below:
LAP has J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif (three of a kind, jacks).
Hero has 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (three of a kind, fours).
SLAA has 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (three of a kind, twos).
Outcome: LAP wins 13.50 BB. Hero wins 6 BB. [b/] </font>

OrianasDaad
04-19-2005, 02:28 AM
Grunching:

I'm not a big fan of limping first in with small PP's in early pos. The implied odds go way down if you are raised.

Raise that flop. There's no need to give anyone 8-1 behind you on a call. If LAP 3-bets it, then cap it.

Ditto for turn, especially if the LAP is almost all-in. I see players get desperate with their last few $$ very often. You can build a side pot with SLAA, who mabye made two pair. I play it the same here.

SLAA doesn't have a flush, almost certainly, so I cap here as well. A set on this board is a strong hand since you can rule out flushes (mostly). Cap it to build a bigger side pot between you and SLAA.

In the future, don't post what your opponents had, and you'll get a better response.

Ianco15
04-19-2005, 02:31 AM
I don't see any reason not to raise this flop.

Saint_D
04-19-2005, 05:11 PM
Grunching.

Looks like you slow played the set on the flop. At party poker .5/1 this would be a mistake. You are just giving draws the odds to play and draw out on you. You most likely have the best hand right now. Raise it and try to get the drawing hands out of your way. At the very least make calling a mistake for them. I don't know what the texture was like where you were playing. However it looks much the same.

-D

BatsShadow
04-19-2005, 05:20 PM
Grunching:

Raise and cap the flop. Don't slowplay sets - especially in multiway pots. Raise the turn too. Maybe slowdown on the river when the flush card falls.

If I was LAP, I would've raised preflop. Anyone like his check?

wyoak
04-19-2005, 05:21 PM
i don't hate the flop call. you've got what normally is a really strong hand on a drawless board. going for overcalls isn't too bad.

I shudder to think how much more LAP could have won if he played this better.

UATrewqaz
04-20-2005, 01:02 AM
I probably would have tried a little slow play on the flop too, but I believe it's Lee Jones says in Low Limit Hold 'em that if you flop a set and don't win the hand, if you didn't lose a ton of money then you played it badly.

ArturiusX
04-20-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Grunching:

I'm not a big fan of limping first in with small PP's in early pos. The implied odds go way down if you are raised.

Raise that flop. There's no need to give anyone 8-1 behind you on a call. If LAP 3-bets it, then cap it.

Ditto for turn, especially if the LAP is almost all-in. I see players get desperate with their last few $$ very often. You can build a side pot with SLAA, who mabye made two pair. I play it the same here.

SLAA doesn't have a flush, almost certainly, so I cap here as well. A set on this board is a strong hand since you can rule out flushes (mostly). Cap it to build a bigger side pot between you and SLAA.

In the future, don't post what your opponents had, and you'll get a better response.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. 44 is a fine hand to limp in first with. Forget odds, think about reverse implied odds on someone else.