PDA

View Full Version : Is this luck? is it varience? or is it normal!

Webster
04-18-2005, 11:25 PM
flopping 2 pair - for a while it SEEMED like I always lost when I flopped 2 pair. So - I decided to keep track since I had ASSUMED I lost so much.

1 question is this. how long to you stay with 2 pair on the flop - you have 6 cards to make a boat - I would think you would RARELY fold them.

OK - my numbers since I started keeping trakc is an AMAZING

27.5 Wins and 4.5 loss's

I typically play $2/4 or £1/2 but of course 2 of those losses were on a £2/4 table with a TON of raising.

SO - my question is - what %% SHOULD a person win when flopping 2 pair.

cain06
04-19-2005, 09:31 AM
2 pair is a great holding. Assuming no flush or straight draws, I typically don't fold the hand. Even with a straight/flush draw, if no one has shown any strength, I never fold it. If another card pairs on the board that is an overcard to either of my pairs, I become more cautious since someone is probably going to have trips. I'd say your stats are just about right. As far as the %s, I'll let someone else answer that question /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Paul2432
04-19-2005, 01:06 PM
Not all two pairs are the same.

If you hold 32o and the board is TT2 your hand is much weaker than if you hold AJo and the board is AJ2.

You need to look at each situation on a case by case basis. Consider texture of the board, number of players and previous betting. There is no fixed percentage that 2-pair will hold up.

Paul

gulebjorn
04-19-2005, 01:50 PM
i can imagine that if you hit your two pair on the flop, and go all-in every time, your win % will be much higher than when you never bet it and always call everything down to the river. However, in both cases, you will lose money in the long run if you play it like that.

How many times you win or lose with a hand doesn't really matter, it's how much money you lose or win in either case. Play them smart, and they will make you a lot of money. Obviously. Pairs make us money. Two pair will make us more. If we play them right.

I am assuming that these stats include all two pairs, including the ones you folded or were folded to, not just the ones that go to showdown.

Webster
04-19-2005, 07:03 PM
Correct - ALL flopped 2 pair - not sure I've ever folded one and that was a question I had.

Is there a time to fold?