PDA

View Full Version : Offsuit Broadway Goodness

Nfinity
04-18-2005, 10:07 PM
No reads on any of the relevant players.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

This is the "by the book" play here. I'm not to thrilled with it. It's not so much represented here, but I have a hard time playing this hand after the flop when I flop OCs. I may start raising with this hand in EP to see how it goes. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Flop: (7 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls, MP1 folds.

I'm thinking this should have been an easy fold. My guess is the BD straight and flush draws kept me interested.

Turn: (5 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks.

The plan was Check-Fold.
River: (5 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls.

I bet out because of the previous weakness MP3 showed on the Turn. Should I have folded to the raise, or was I correct in calling here?

Final Pot: 9 BB

Greg J
04-18-2005, 10:14 PM
I open raise KQo in any position. Does SSHE say to do something different? Oh well, naughty me. I think it makes the rest of the hand a lot easier to play.

bozlax
04-18-2005, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I open raise KQo in any position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nfinity
04-18-2005, 10:20 PM
Well, the hand charts do with this particular hand, but the conceptual portion advocates raising in general with the Big Offsuit Broadways.

I'm at the point where I am confident enough with my game to take the training wheels off, so that's why I threw that out there, for feedback purposes.