PDA

View Full Version : ed meese on cspan, pardoned paragon of virtue

brad
11-05-2002, 05:26 PM
according to him,

prison inmate overcrowding and big prison population has nothing to do with war on drugs, all people in jail are violent offenders or repeat offenders. and before he and reagan took it on the road to washington, before they worked on california nobody went to jail, not burglars or rapist, and only sometimes murderers.

also they reduced drug use 50%, but then further administrations didnt stick with the program.

problem with vietnam was that we had no strategy. also there was a fifth column in US that gave aid and comfort to the enemy.

the guy is a very eloquent speaker though.

andyfox
11-05-2002, 07:21 PM
So do you think he's delusional, a liar, or completely misinformed? No other explanation is possible.

Ray Zee
11-05-2002, 10:10 PM
YES

Zeno
11-06-2002, 02:17 AM
Ed Meese should be boiled alive in a vat of lima beans. Hold the Ham.

-Zeno

andyfox
11-06-2002, 02:41 AM
What a terrible thing to do to perfectly good vat of lima beans. Sort of the way I feel about Las Vegas: what a terrible thing to do to a perfectly good piece of desert.

brad
11-06-2002, 04:52 AM
funny thing is thats exactly what he said and what he meant.

that dale guy from state department did say ' north korea aggressive, iraq *very* aggressive', but went on to say a bit more so i may have been guilty of mischaracterize him a bit. (just a bit).

not so with meese. thats what he said and meant.

he talked about the patriot act but while i was pretty sure he was lying, it was kind of a legal smarm so i couldnt be sure so i didnt post it.

he took questions from college interns so either they werent informed enough to call him on a lot of stuff or else they just deferred to him. probably the latter because after the question there was no chance of follow up and i noticed they left the microphone immediately asking meese a question.