PDA

View Full Version : Who should be the democratic nominee for president in 2012?

"spaceman"Bryce
04-18-2005, 09:32 PM

Dynasty
04-18-2005, 09:34 PM
In 1985, nobody would have suggested that Bill Clinton would be a good nominee for President in 1992.

In 1993, nobody would have suggested the George W. Bush would be a good nominee for President in 2000.

sirio11
04-18-2005, 09:39 PM
Yep, you're right Dinasty.

I hope Barack Obama runs, he is what this country needs to reconciliate positions.

QuadsOverQuads
04-18-2005, 10:06 PM
It makes no difference. We haven't had a legitimate election in this country since 1996, and as long as the current crop of right wing fanatics is at the helm it's a safe bet that we won't be having one in 2012 either.

q/q

"spaceman"Bryce
04-18-2005, 10:54 PM
I would just like to say there is seriously a guy from north dakota who would be a great choice but i am too lazy to look up his name

partygirluk
04-18-2005, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

It makes no difference. We haven't had a legitimate election in this country since 1996, and as long as the current crop of right wing fanatics is at the helm it's a safe bet that we won't be having one in 2012 either.

q/q

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh. Talk about taking the term "bad loser" to new levels......

Dynasty
04-18-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I hope Barack Obama runs, he is what this country needs to reconciliate positions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Because he's black? Because he can deliver a speech?

Obama is an unknown who Democrats are imprinting their own idea of an ideal candidate on. Hardly anybody actually knows him.

"spaceman"Bryce
04-18-2005, 11:12 PM
personally i think the election in 2008 will be fair and hillary clinton will stun the right wing naysayers by getting 46% of the vote...and losing.i think Barak Obama is an ideal liberal candidate..why is that a bad reason for him to run?

Talk2BigSteve
04-19-2005, 12:03 AM
I recall a comedian who said 2008 will be for Hilary but in 2012 the Democratic Theme will be OBAMAPALOOZA !!!

Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

$DEADSEXE$
04-19-2005, 12:20 AM
I've always like Harold Ford Jr.
A ticket of a solid midwest govenor and ford as the vp wouldn't be too shabby.
The dem party would be alot better off if ford had beat Pelosi for the minority speaker

[censored]
04-19-2005, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

q/q

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it seems like that would be to good to be true but I hope you are right.

[censored]
04-19-2005, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yep, you're right Dinasty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm interesting and what positions of his do you find most reconciling?

BCPVP
04-19-2005, 12:55 AM
It's "sore loser"(in the states at least), but yes q/q embodies this to the fullest.

Edge34
04-19-2005, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's "sore loser"(in the states at least), but yes q/q embodies this to the fullest.

[/ QUOTE ]

More than just "sore loser"...the terms "ignorant moron" and "filthy troll" come to mind...

Dead
04-19-2005, 02:03 AM
Russ Feingold. He would make a fantastic President of the United States. My second choice would be John Lewis, distinguished congressman from Georgia. I know that neither of these guys stand a chance, but you asked who I'd want. So yeah, I'd want one of those two.

I would want Wellstone to be President now, were he still alive. I will not vote for Hillary. That bitch likes to triangulate. Triangulation from Democrats is not cool.

Dynasty
04-19-2005, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I would want Wellstone to be President now, were he still alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you claim to be a conservative?

No conservative would want Wellstone to be President.

Dead
04-19-2005, 09:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I would want Wellstone to be President now, were he still alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you claim to be a conservative?

No conservative would want Wellstone to be President.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never voted for a conservative. I never claimed to be a conservative. If I did then I am sure it was a joke?

nicky g
04-19-2005, 09:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In 1985, nobody would have suggested that Bill Clinton would be a good nominee for President in 1992.

In 1993, nobody would have suggested the George W. Bush would be a good nominee for President in 2000.

[/ QUOTE ]

And in both cases, everybody was right.

ripdog
04-19-2005, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

q/q

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think legitimacy was the issue with the 2000 and 2004 elections. The Dems ran Gore and Kerry. That's why they lost. If the Democratic party keeps picking candidates that steadfastly refuse to fight back when the Republican slime machine gears up, they'll get smeared again in 2008 and 2012. The Democratic party seems to be some kind of pussy mill. I kept waiting for Kerry to stand up to the Gun Boat Vets. Never happened. Clinton woulda stuck it to 'em. I guess I want the next Democratic nominee to watch 'The War Room' and be willing to get into the trenches with the scumbag right. JMHO.

jaxmike
04-19-2005, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

q/q

[/ QUOTE ]

You are an idiot.

kurto
04-19-2005, 12:19 PM
"You are an idiot." The usual witty response from our favorite clown.

BCPVP
04-19-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Russ Feingold. He would make a fantastic President of the United States.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bleck. He's not married now, so unless we gets hitched pretty quickly, he won't be prez. Not to mention he's just barely to the right of Hillary. Ick.

Dead
04-19-2005, 12:28 PM
You don't know what you're talking about. Hillary is at the center. Russ Feingold is way farther left than she is.

MtSmalls
04-19-2005, 02:42 PM
2008 is going to be a slugfest early. There are a number of holdover candidates (Kerry, Clark) and Hillary of course. But she won't win the nomination for a large number of reasons.

The Dems best hope in either 08 or 12 is going to be one of the leading governors, like Schwietzer in Montana, or Richardson in NM. I know that those are small states, but so is Arkansas. Clark makes a great VP candidate in either election. Obama needs until at least 16 or maybe 20.

jaxmike
04-19-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You don't know what you're talking about. Hillary is at the center. Russ Feingold is way farther left than she is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you HONESTLY believe your own rhetoric?

You REALLY think Hillary Clinton is at the center?

NEWS FLASH: All that she is doing right now is feigning a move to the center because she, and her husband, know that no left winger can currently be elected President in this country.

Do not kid yourself, she is borderline radical left wing in her politics.

BCPVP
04-19-2005, 03:42 PM
Jax, I think (hope?) that Dead was kidding....

caretaker1
04-19-2005, 04:04 PM
If you mean by "should" who would have the best chance to win:
Any white male democrat from a Southern State. Clinton was a good example. Need that Southerner to challenge for those states.

My $.02

"spaceman"Bryce
04-19-2005, 04:15 PM
Not a single person voted for Byron Dorgan...he has sex appeal.

Dynasty
04-19-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And in both cases, everybody was right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it plainly obvious that they were good nominees since they went on to win the election?

CCass
04-21-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't decide which is more outrageous, this statement or your idiotic posts about the Pope being a Nazi.