PDA

View Full Version : Bluff - good/horrible?

Roy6
04-18-2005, 09:05 PM
We had a maniac at the table who just left and villain involved in this hand looked quite passive only going to war with big cards against the maniac. I also have a good table image.

It's 4-handed so I'm CO here, preflop standard.
She 3-bets from the SB and the flop is interesting. If she has AA/KK or AK I'm lost. If she has a smaller PP I'm good most of the time and I should rather protect my hand.

So calling the flop is OK? Turn brings another heart
and she checks screaming she doesn't have the flush. The 3-bet means big cards and nobody goes for a C/R here.
So I decided to bluff here. My flop call could easily be a weak heart, so she needs to call 2 BBs with only a few outs for a chop. She calls. /images/graemlins/frown.gif
River she checks again I think I need to fire again otherwise I can't win.
Comments?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, ...
Final Pot: 8.50 BB

Joe826
04-18-2005, 09:11 PM
when she calls your turn semi-bluff you've clearly lost if she has you beat (assuming you don't improve on the river). what do you think she's calling for if not to see a showdown?

as far as the rest of the hand goes i think it's ok. i would probably raise the flop alot of times here, but sometimes i would wait for the turn to raise and then check behind on the river if called (or fold if 3-bet).

Roy6
04-18-2005, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what do you think she's calling for if not to see a showdown?

[/ QUOTE ]
If she has either AA or KK she obviously calls the turn but I think she'll call me down 99% of the time even if she doesn't fill up. (?)
Does she fold AK/AQ? I don't know maybe if she's weak she calls the turn hoping I just bluffed and expects I'll check behind the river.
Also, some reverse thinking. What does she think about my holding as I took initiative after she 3-bet preflop?

aslowjoe
04-18-2005, 11:10 PM
I would raise the flop and bet the turn and if she is still around I would check the river.
If you do have a chance to to fold AQ here it is after you showed strength early by raising the flop.
The way it played out if she didn't fold the turn she is not folding the river. She could be holding a great hand and afraid to bet because of the heart. She could also be slow playing with the AxQH. I do not see her folding anything you could beat.