PDA

View Full Version : I pulled a daliman

billyjex
04-18-2005, 08:29 PM
Well, ok, it was just TPTK, but I checked because I was scared of a flush (and maybe a tricky 9.) Who bets here?

Villian was sorta loose, sorta passive, your typical 5/10 38/11/1.4 donk.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5.20 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 5.20 BB

mperich
04-18-2005, 08:39 PM
I bet here 100% of the time. You would have heard about a 9 on the turn. He has a lower pair more often than a flush draw

-Mike

Joe826
04-18-2005, 08:43 PM
apparently it's an epidemic.

what range of hands do you put your opponent on in order to justify checking behind? after you do the math this bet becomes very easy.

PassiveCaller
04-18-2005, 08:45 PM
easy bet against a loose passive.

billyjex
04-18-2005, 09:50 PM
i hate to be even more daliman like but I had a feeling he was pulling something on me, and I checked.

he showed 62 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and scooped the pot.

But this really is a mandatory bet, I think I just talked myself out of it. my river aggression sucks.

rory
04-18-2005, 10:19 PM
Come mista dali man
You must bet that riv-a

Daliman
04-18-2005, 11:13 PM
I must admit, it is fairly thrilling to have a tendency named after me. Sure, it's mostly derisively and being done by people who wish they made 1/5th of what I do per hour, but you take the bad with the good.

Kinda similar on a smaller scale to people saying how bad Hellmuth sucks at poker, but he has been making a great living at it for almost 20 years.

billyjex
04-18-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I must admit, it is fairly thrilling to have a tendency named after me. Sure, it's mostly derisively and being done by people who wish they made 1/5th of what I do per hour, but you take the bad with the good.

Kinda similar on a smaller scale to people saying how bad Hellmuth sucks at poker, but he has been making a great living at it for almost 20 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound really defensive. I don't see why, dude, it's just a joke.

Cool, man, you make a lot of money. Buy me dinner, sweety.

Daliman
04-18-2005, 11:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound really defensive. I don't see why, dude, it's just a joke.

Cool, man, you make a lot of money. Buy me dinner, sweety.

[/ QUOTE ]

Naw, it's all cool. Maybe this will be my legacy. Well, other than Dalibabies...

Actually, a better analogy would have been to say how people make fun of how "tight" Hellmuth seems to play, calling a tight fold "Hellmuthian", yet he's actually very loose in many ways.

ravballz
04-19-2005, 02:58 AM
Knock, knock.

StellarWind
04-19-2005, 04:03 AM
Think about how many times in his life this opponent has seen a TAG with the button go PFR-bet-bet-check with two overcards. Now look again at this straight-ridden, 3-flush board complete with paired nines and no aces or faces.

If he made a big hand he would probably bet. That doesn't come with a warranty, but nevertheless when he doesn't bet he probably didn't make a flush or straight.

Easy bet.

GoblinMason (Craig)
04-19-2005, 05:14 AM
I really can't see not betting here against an opponent like this or against most players in general. If he called the turn there's a good chance he's going to showdown, and I don't think I lot of donks are tricky enough to play a 9 like this.

wuarhg
04-19-2005, 07:04 AM
I bet 100%, sometimes I fold to a checkraise.

Yeti
04-19-2005, 07:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yawn. Grow up.

kiddo
04-19-2005, 08:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If he made a big hand he would probably bet. That doesn't come with a warranty, but nevertheless when he doesn't bet he probably didn't make a flush or straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, easy bet.

James282
04-19-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1/5 of what you make per hour? Surely, Daliman, you jest. Also, my math is fuzzy, but when dividing by negatives, is it still negative? So if you average -$1000 an hour, would I be making -$200 an hour if I made 1/5 of what you did?

Daliman's hourly rate (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=1025338&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;s b=5&amp;o=&amp;vc=1)

-James

James282
04-19-2005, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who bets here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Winning players.
-James

arkady
04-19-2005, 01:28 PM
If you are doing this on a semi-consistent basis, I would tell you that you have a pretty big leak. These types of situations happen frequently and this is not even an ALL that threatening board. Hopefully the responses in this thread will push you to fire that last bullet. Btw, tt feels very rewarding when you pull a "scary" value bet.

Daliman
04-19-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yawn. Grow up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Long time ago, but TY for for the advice

MoreWineII
04-19-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think many people say he sucks at NL, he doesn't. But at limit, from what I've read, yeah he sucks.

Daliman
04-19-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1/5 of what you make per hour? Surely, Daliman, you jest. Also, my math is fuzzy, but when dividing by negatives, is it still negative? So if you average -$1000 an hour, would I be making -$200 an hour if I made 1/5 of what you did?

Daliman's hourly rate (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=1025338&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;s b=5&amp;o=&amp;vc=1)

-James

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you really did some digging around for that. Funny that I had to MAKE all that $$$ to lose it, and that represented a less than 1/3rd of what I had made in the previous 5 months, and less than 2/3rds of what I'd made in the previous month alone. Not to mention that I've since made a lot more, but hey, why let facts get in the way of a jab, right?

Anyways, I think, even given your misrepresentation of my post, that many would have a MUCH different view of me than a weak/tight loser after reading that.

James282
04-19-2005, 02:44 PM
So you had 60k sitting around, but were playing 30 dollar SnGs?
-James

Daliman
04-19-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you NEVER spend any $$$ you make(which may be presumptuous to assume..), just keep it all on bankroll? Some of us pay off credit cards, pay for hospital bills for a new child, and put an entire down payment down on a new home with our winnings.

The 30's lasted less than a month. COme visit me in the 200's any time you like...PLEASE! I'll be the one 8-tabling as surrealpoker and SalvidorD13.

Nick B.
04-19-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So, you NEVER spend any $$$ you make(which may be presumptuous to assume..), just keep it all on bankroll?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would take James' winrate over yours anyday of the week, even including your affiliate work.

James282
04-19-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you NEVER spend any $$$ you make(which may be presumptuous to assume..), just keep it all on bankroll? Some of us pay off credit cards, pay for hospital bills for a new child, and put an entire down payment down on a new home with our winnings.

The 30's lasted less than a month. COme visit me in the 200's any time you like...PLEASE! I'll be the one 8-tabling as surrealpoker and SalvidorD13.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shows how idiotic you are if you want me to come play you in 200$ SnGs. You think I add to your edge? Please. But you could defeat 9 ZeeJustins at once, so what chance can I hope to have with just 1 of me.

How could you possibly be so cocky? Didn't you just go broke again a few months ago?

Daliman weeps again (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=1497599&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;s b=5&amp;o=&amp;vc=1)
-James

Daliman
04-19-2005, 03:41 PM
And my winrate is?

Daliman
04-19-2005, 03:51 PM
I don't really care to get in pissing matches anymore on here, but here I am again....

I don't know if you're GOOD for my winrate, but I assure you, I am worse for yours than you are for mine. With the logic you use throughout this thread, it amazes me you make $$$ at all, unless, of course, you are just being stupid for being stupid's sake.

You, as everyone else, are confusing the actual terms of the ZJ/collusion thread. Thats ok, it WAS confusing. Good to see yer such a fan of my work though.

I can be so "cocky" because I use FACTS, not parsing snippets from a poker career.

BTW, I have NEVER "been broke" in my professional career. I have "gotten broke" a few times, as do almost all pros, especially those that overplay their BR. Doyle Brunson has "gotten broke" hundreds of times over, and as of late march I believe was still down for the year. What a loser, huh?

This is all even more absurd given the fact that you know SO much about my past posting history, yet consider me a losing player...

James282
04-19-2005, 04:04 PM
I don't consider you a losing player, but I definitely consider you an idiot. And I hear this nonsense about "almost every pro goes broke" so much that I almost believe it. I know several people who have been playing for a year or more and I think it would be physically impossible for any of them to go broke given the way they have managed their br and the size of their current br. As to what your hourly rate is, who knows? Who cares? You are an irresponsible crybaby who has gone broke twice in the last year, and yet you talk down to people in this forum about your overabundance in winrate like they should be happy with the scraps from your table. You also seem to calculate your winrate by ignoring your huge tilted losses - seems like one could build a pretty huge winrate that way! Unless you don't consider playing 1k SnG's on a 4k bankroll tilt, or playing with the last of your bankroll in an NL game against the best players in the world. And here's the thing - my not having gone broke ever doesn't make me a better person than you - but your self-perceived winrate doesn't make you any better than the people you berate for disagreeing with you on things where you are clearly wrong.
-James

ddubois
04-19-2005, 04:10 PM
I don't know or care if you are a losing player, but when you post crap like "by people who wish they made 1/5th of what I do", you are definately a losing poster.

Daliman
04-19-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't consider you a losing player, but I definitely consider you an idiot. And I hear this nonsense about "almost every pro goes broke" so much that I almost believe it. I know several people who have been playing for a year or more and I think it would be physically impossible for any of them to go broke given the way they have managed their br and the size of their current br. As to what your hourly rate is, who knows? Who cares? You are an irresponsible crybaby who has gone broke twice in the last year, and yet you talk down to people in this forum about your overabundance in winrate like they should be happy with the scraps from your table. You also seem to calculate your winrate by ignoring your huge tilted losses - seems like one could build a pretty huge winrate that way! Unless you don't consider playing 1k SnG's on a 4k bankroll tilt, or playing with the last of your bankroll in an NL game against the best players in the world. And here's the thing - my not having gone broke ever doesn't make me a better person than you - but your self-perceived winrate doesn't make you any better than the people you berate for disagreeing with you on things where you are clearly wrong.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

So, does this "self percived winrate" I have of over 16% in the 200's over 6000 trials mean that when I have a losing stretch, I must suck? The 16% INCLUDES all bad runs.

Yet another case of only using the information that helps you, and ignoring all others. You must be a Rush Limbaugh fan.

You don't believe many pros get broke? Ok, I guess they are all lying then, just like I am. The difference is I like to vent on message boards. Many have done TONS worse, and more than a few who are considered among the best in their game are almost continually broke, then can be rolling in $$$ a week later.

With regards to "talking down" to people in the forum, I made a single thread about a play that I make differently 80-90% of the time, and defend my thought process in it, and now I'm being utilized as the poster boy for weak-tight play.

Also, yet ANOTHER fact you had incorrect,(maybe fallacies should be called "James282's", I didn't have "the last of my bankroll" in an NL game against the best players in the world; I had 9k of 23k in a game predominantly with Spirit rock and Tom Keller, and I had 14k of 31k in a game that had Deeb and Hoff in it, where Mr. Weak/tight raised(badly, I might add) $7k with significanly less than the nuts.

I'd still like to know where I am "clearly wrong" though.

But you are correct in one instance; I do overplay my BR, and take a few too many shots. Given the rest of your commentary, this is cause for celebration.

ANother weakness of mine that is clearly surfacing again is suffering fools badly. And here I was doing so well with it....

Daliman
04-19-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know or care if you are a losing player, but when you post crap like "by people who wish they made 1/5th of what I do", you are definately a losing poster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, maybe that was a bit harsh, but when you get vilified by a board for a hand that you play differently 80-90% of the time, it can be pretty annoying.

But if you consider me a losing poster, the ignore function works just fine.

turnipmonster
04-19-2005, 04:38 PM
nobody cares that you play it different 80-90% of the time. you posted a hand where you made a terrible river check, of course people are going to jump on you for it, with good reason. you should probably just learn from that instead of trying to be right all the time, which seems to be your primary goal.

Chobohoya
04-19-2005, 04:54 PM
Dali, I know from your posts in other forums that you're a good player and poster. However, you seem to have a tendency to go on tilt-- not just at the tables, but on this board. Why would you even feel the need to brag about your winrate? You're not being vilified, someone's just having a little fun with a person they've never met, who made a bad play and got all worked up about it. There's no need to get into such an uproar over this.

Daliman
04-19-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So, you NEVER spend any $$$ you make(which may be presumptuous to assume..), just keep it all on bankroll?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would take James' winrate over yours anyday of the week, even including your affiliate work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given your results, I'd say you'd take ANYONES wnrate over your own..

http://img242.echo.cx/img242/1346/nickb1cr.gif

Ain't short run fun?

Just to be fair though..

Player Tepop84
Games played 355
Wins 143 (40.28%)
Losses 212 (59.72%)
Average Buy-In $191.31
Players with better winning percentage 89843
Players with worse winning percentage 315999
$200 Table: 137 wins / 195 losses / 41.27% wins
$100 Table: 3 wins / 9 losses / 25% wins
$50 Table: 1 wins / 4 losses / 20% wins
$30 Table: 0 wins / 1 losses / 0% wins
$20 Table: 0 wins / 1 losses / 0% wins
$10 Table: 0 wins / 1 losses / 0% wins
$5 Table: 0 wins / 1 losses / 0% wins
$0 Table: 2 wins / 0 losses / 100% wins

Player surrealpoker
Games played 450
Wins 196 (43.56%)
Losses 254 (56.44%)
Average Buy-In $161.07
Players with better winning percentage 72353
Players with worse winning percentage 333535
$1000 Table: 3 wins / 7 losses / 30% wins
$200 Table: 127 wins / 155 losses / 45.04% wins
$100 Table: 24 wins / 26 losses / 48% wins
$20 Table: 1 wins / 1 losses / 50% wins
$10 Table: 41 wins / 63 losses / 39.42% wins
$0 Table: 0 wins / 2 losses / 0% wins

Player iluv2plypoka
Games played 289
Wins 123 (42.56%)
Losses 166 (57.44%)
Average Buy-In $117.66
Players with better winning percentage 78964
Players with worse winning percentage 326927
$1000 Table: 0 wins / 2 losses / 0% wins
$200 Table: 16 wins / 26 losses / 38.1% wins
$100 Table: 102 wins / 133 losses / 43.4% wins
$20 Table: 0 wins / 1 losses / 0% wins
$10 Table: 5 wins / 3 losses / 62.5% wins
$5 Table: 0 wins / 1 losses / 0% wins

and even MY 2 ugly short runs...

Player salvidord13
Games played 82
Wins 24 (29.27%)
Losses 58 (70.73%)
Average Buy-In $113.29
Players with better winning percentage 195813
Players with worse winning percentage 209816
$200 Table: 14 wins / 30 losses / 31.82% wins
$20 Table: 2 wins / 9 losses / 18.18% wins
$10 Table: 8 wins / 19 losses / 29.63% wins

Player Darkstargasm
Games played 57
Wins 14 (24.56%)
Losses 43 (75.44%)
Average Buy-In $200
Players with better winning percentage 243876
Players with worse winning percentage 161938
$200 Table: 14 wins / 43 losses / 24.56% wins

You should know better.

Daliman
04-19-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dali, I know from your posts in other forums that you're a good player and poster. However, you seem to have a tendency to go on tilt-- not just at the tables, but on this board. Why would you even feel the need to brag about your winrate? You're not being vilified, someone's just having a little fun with a person they've never met, who made a bad play and got all worked up about it. There's no need to get into such an uproar over this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, you are right, but it gets annoying when you get slagged off as a horrible player for making a play that is way less than standard for you, then get hung out as the poster boy for weak/tight.

I'm working on it, but I'm never loath to defend myself.

Chobohoya
04-19-2005, 04:57 PM
Dude this is what I'm talking about. Instead of this senseless dickwaving, you could be playing with your baby, or working on you game... or something useful. Just let it go.

Wynton
04-19-2005, 05:02 PM
To get back to the substance of the hand:

I agree with those that say bet. But what would most of you do if the villain had led on the river? Is calling the only reasonable option?

Daliman
04-19-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude this is what I'm talking about. Instead of this senseless dickwaving, you could be playing with your baby, or working on you game... or something useful. Just let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, you are right. But this poster seems to think he knows a lot more than I do. With regards to poker, I disagree completely. You wanna talk weak/tight....watch him on Ultimate poker challenge...

James282
04-19-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, you are right. But this poster seems to think he knows a lot more than I do. With regards to poker, I disagree completely. You wanna talk weak/tight....watch him on Ultimate poker challenge...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah definitely! When you were on that televised poker tournament you played much more strongly than he did!
-James

Daliman
04-19-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah definitely! When you were on that televised poker tournament you played much more strongly than he did!
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

And the buyin for that was, what $250? with like, what, 80 people? And readily available to any schlub that happened to be in LV that week?

Yay.

WPT gets cred. EPT gets cred. WSOP gets cred. UPC does not.

I'm sure He's an ok player, my "terrible" note on him nonwithstanding,(it's an old note), but people who live in glass houses...

James282
04-19-2005, 06:11 PM
Who lives in a glass house? I could care less what you think of Nick's skill. Mostly my problem is that you are a good NL player who came into a limit forum and preached your words as gospel when they were utter nonsense(checking behind top 2 against an opponent who had shown no aggression).
-James

Nate tha' Great
04-19-2005, 06:15 PM
Posting another 2+2er's screen name without their permission, especially a nice guy like Nick B's, is absolutely classless. Daliman, you suck.

Daliman
04-19-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who lives in a glass house? I could care less what you think of Nick's skill. Mostly my problem is that you are a good NL player who came into a limit forum and preached your words as gospel when they were utter nonsense(checking behind top 2 against an opponent who had shown no aggression).
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

When did I say they were gospel?

Daliman
04-19-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Posting another 2+2er's screen name without their permission, especially a nice guy like Nick B's, is absolutely classless. Daliman, you suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet another case of someone posting when they don't know what the f they are talking about.

1 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=singletable&amp;Number=2023110 &amp;Forum=,,All_Forums,,&amp;Words=&amp;Searchpage=1&amp;Limit=25 &amp;Main=2023110&amp;Search=true&amp;where=&amp;Name=24&amp;daterange =&amp;newerval=&amp;newertype=&amp;olderval=&amp;oldertype=&amp;bodypr ev=#Post2023110)
2 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=singletable&amp;Number=1954183 &amp;Forum=,,,All_Forums,,,&amp;Words=&amp;Searchpage=2&amp;Limit= 25&amp;Main=1953937&amp;Search=true&amp;where=&amp;Name=24&amp;dateran ge=&amp;newerval=&amp;newertype=&amp;olderval=&amp;oldertype=&amp;body prev=#Post1954183)
3 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=singletable&amp;Number=1938288 &amp;Forum=,,,All_Forums,,,&amp;Words=&amp;Searchpage=2&amp;Limit= 25&amp;Main=1938099&amp;Search=true&amp;where=&amp;Name=24&amp;dateran ge=&amp;newerval=&amp;newertype=&amp;olderval=&amp;oldertype=&amp;body prev=#Post1938288)

as per usual, I'll not expect an apology, retraction, or even an "oops, my bad".

Ulysses
04-19-2005, 06:39 PM
Do you ever step back and reflect on why it might be that so many people think of you as a complete tool?

Nate tha' Great
04-19-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet another case of someone posting when they don't know what the f they are talking about.

1 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=singletable&amp;Number=2023110 &amp;Forum=,,All_Forums,,&amp;Words=&amp;Searchpage=1&amp;Limit=25 &amp;Main=2023110&amp;Search=true&amp;where=&amp;Name=24&amp;daterange =&amp;newerval=&amp;newertype=&amp;olderval=&amp;oldertype=&amp;bodypr ev=#Post2023110)
2 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=singletable&amp;Number=1954183 &amp;Forum=,,,All_Forums,,,&amp;Words=&amp;Searchpage=2&amp;Limit= 25&amp;Main=1953937&amp;Search=true&amp;where=&amp;Name=24&amp;dateran ge=&amp;newerval=&amp;newertype=&amp;olderval=&amp;oldertype=&amp;body prev=#Post1954183)
3 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=singletable&amp;Number=1938288 &amp;Forum=,,,All_Forums,,,&amp;Words=&amp;Searchpage=2&amp;Limit= 25&amp;Main=1938099&amp;Search=true&amp;where=&amp;Name=24&amp;dateran ge=&amp;newerval=&amp;newertype=&amp;olderval=&amp;oldertype=&amp;body prev=#Post1938288)

as per usual, I'll not expect an apology, retraction, or even an "oops, my bad".

[/ QUOTE ]

I apologize for accusing you of something you didn't do.

However, I maintain that you suck.

Daliman
04-19-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you ever step back and reflect on why it might be that so many people think of you as a complete tool?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, not really. People who actually know me think I'm a great guy. People who only know me by posts on 2+2 often see the worst of me. Posts on here have a polarizing effect on one's image in general. For instance, my opinion, and many other's from what I saw, was drastically changed about you in the boggle thread. But I'd venture you and I would get along just fine in person.

But I'm not playing online boggle with you. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Daliman
04-19-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I apologize for accusing you of something you didn't do.

However, I maintain that you suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, better and worse than I expected, all in one post.

You, sir, are to be commended.

morello
04-19-2005, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

With the logic you use throughout this thread, it amazes me you make $$$ at all, unless, of course, you are just being stupid for being stupid's sake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, when I read your posts I think that the above applies to you, not James282.

I guess I just wish I made 1/5th of what you do per hour. Same goes for everyone that ever posts something contradictory to what you say. We're all just jealous.

RunDownHouse
04-19-2005, 06:56 PM
I sincerely hope you don't instill in your children this compulsion to always have the last word. Your house, and anywhere you went, would be a nightmare.

FWIW, the only thing I (and I presume a large number of HUSH posters) am judging you on is the content/thoughtfulness of your posts here. It sucks and only seems to get worse.

Ulysses
04-19-2005, 07:17 PM
Pray tell, how did the boggle thread change your opinion of me?

As for you, you constantly and consistently come across as an insecure, overly defensive person with very low self-esteem. That may or may not be an accurate representation of you, but that is how you often come off on 2+2.

The logic you display in a lot of your posts is also often horribly flawed, which is probably largely the reason many people are dismissive of your poker skills. FWIW, based purely on the poker strategy posts I've read by you, I don't think you are very good at poker, but it wouldn't surprise me if you're good enough to make money on Party Poker.

SomethingClever
04-19-2005, 07:36 PM
Y'know, I don't know much about you, but you are one defensive sumbitch.

You're out of the circle of trust.

Daliman
04-19-2005, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pray tell, how did the boggle thread change your opinion of me?

As for you, you constantly and consistently come across as an insecure, overly defensive person with very low self-esteem. That may or may not be an accurate representation of you, but that is how you often come off on 2+2.

The logic you display in a lot of your posts is also often horribly flawed, which is probably largely the reason many people are dismissive of your poker skills. FWIW, based purely on the poker strategy posts I've read by you, I don't think you are very good at poker, but it wouldn't surprise me if you're good enough to make money on Party Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I used to think of you as a highly respectable poster. It made me think you are the type of person who will cheat someone out of money by using some BS wrinkle that like " no one said anything about not using a boggle computer". I didn't get through the whole thread, I obviously don't know the whole story, and there are many who share your viewpoint, including some of history's greatest gamblers. But what I got from it was you don't mind cheating, right or not.

Insecure? Not really. We all have a bit of it.
Overly defensive? Yep. Course, alot of of this in in the camp of "you know what your problem is? You're too defensive. Not alot you can say to that.
Low self-esteem? No, but I do tend to go as my game is going. surprise, surprise, it's not going so hot this month. Mind you, I'm not down, but I'm not getting my normal earn.
Yes, I'm familiar with the fact that I come off that way at times. I let people in on my thoughts too often, and I'm loath to back down from an insult. I guess I'm the poor man's 2=2 Eminem in that respect.

As far as the strategy posts I've made that are "horribly flawed", again, as I said in the other thread; too many make mountains out of molehill mistakes. The AK thread is a molehill mistake at most, and my point throughout was trying to show people that the difference between my standard line of play there and betting 100% of the time is small enough to be insignificant. If I made that play every time, it would be horrible. I don't so it's not. The collusion thread was one misunderstanding piled on top of another, by all parties, myself included, mostly predicated upon me going off the fact that ZJ would play all his hands as if he didn't know the others, which was a slight misinterpretation of what he said. Other "horrible" mistakes? Probably a few, but I'm not afriad to make mistakes or controversial posts. I don't know many poeple who hold opinions they think are false, either. Maybe I'm not very good, but, yes, I do make money on PP. My Limit and SH game used to be a lot better, but I only play it recreationally now, and as I say in my profile, I may even be a fish in them anymore vs good SH players.

Ulysses
04-19-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It made me think you are the type of person who will cheat someone out of money by using some BS wrinkle that like " no one said anything about not using a boggle computer".

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you could use some context and common sense and realize the whole thing was a big joke.

As for all the rest of the comments, they are largely based on the fact that you seem to have such a problem saying "wow, I guess I was wrong" on most any issue.

This is exemplified by your statement here "The AK thread is a molehill mistake at most." Doesn't matter what anyone says, you know you're right. Good for you, I guess. I think a change in attitude, though, would probably decrease the frequency at which you go bust.

Daliman
04-19-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Or you could use some context and common sense and realize the whole thing was a big joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said in my previous post. I didn't read the whole thing, and I didn't know near the whole story. If it was a joke, you and others went a long way towards making it seem real. Nice little "war of the worlds" you ran then, but just shows you how erceptions can be skewed.

Also, I have admitted when I was wrong in SEVERAL instances, including in this thread.

James282
04-19-2005, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, not really. People who actually know me think I'm a great guy. People who only know me by posts on 2+2 often see the worst of me. Posts on here have a polarizing effect on one's image in general. For instance, my opinion, and many other's from what I saw, was drastically changed about you in the boggle thread. But I'd venture you and I would get along just fine in person.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would probably like him, but he probably wouldn't like you.
-James

Daliman
04-19-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You would probably like him, but he probably wouldn't like you.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

and you know this because you know me SO well....

Emmitt2222
04-19-2005, 11:47 PM
People have been talking a lot about how these forums have been going to crap because of the influx of new crappy players and yet I see M/H forum and now this which is just nonsense because of big time posters getting caught up in their egos and all the money they make. I would expect the more advanced players on this forum to be bigger than that. Us lesser players look to you for advice, not crappy flame wars on their BB/100