PDA

View Full Version : family vacation, disney or universal?

mostsmooth
04-18-2005, 06:25 PM
im thinking the whole disney thing is for the younger kids? we have a 12 year old boy. i think universal is a better choice, but can we spend 5 days there without getting bored? whats around universal, anything?

BWebb
04-18-2005, 06:27 PM
No way you can spend 5 days at Universal. I like it better than Disney for 1 day, but definitely not 5. Do Disney, 12 year old will still enjoy it.

meep_42
04-18-2005, 06:30 PM
5 days at Disney is still overkill.

But Universal is a 1 day thing, Disney -- maybe 3.

-d

Ringo_Mojo
04-18-2005, 06:32 PM
Aren't they right next to eachother? Couldn't you just hit them both?

bogey
04-18-2005, 06:33 PM
yeh you should definitely do 1 or 2 days at universal and the other 2 or 3 at disney, 5 at either alone is way too much

pshreck
04-18-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Aren't they right next to eachother? Couldn't you just hit them both?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive been to Orlando twice. Both times my family did both. And Universal as a single theme park beats out anything Disney has.

Spiderman the ride.... amazing.

Matt Flynn
04-18-2005, 06:37 PM
universal studio's adventure island was FAR more fun for my 6 and 2-year-olds. not to mention for us. just an all-around better park experience than disneyland. they have dr. suess land for the little ones - was excellent.

at disneyland the kids can get pics with their favorite disney characters. that was good. but the crowds suck and there aren't good places for little kids to stretch out and play.

matt

MicroBob
04-18-2005, 06:39 PM
universal and disney are fairly close to each other so you should be able to do both.

My Mom was a Florida nut and we went to Disney about 6 or 7x when I was a kid and I was never too keen on it.
Disney is much more fun as an adult if you are just zipping around epcot or the magic kingdom with friends...drinking and having a good time.

Universal is fun too. Been there once.

There's an Emeril's restaurant that the wife might be interested in having you take her to (make reservations there ahead of time though).

If you're just flying into Orlando and staying at Disney you should easily be able to get a taxi (or maybe a shuttle) or something to get over to Universal for a day (maybe 2 but that might be stretching it).

If you have your own car there then doing both within your 5 days there shouldn't be a problem at all.

Do the Magic Kingdom one day....Epcot Center on a different day....Universal on a different day.

And somewhere in there you might want a day-off or you can go to a water-park or something.