PDA

View Full Version : hand converter problems.

nh5150
04-18-2005, 06:18 PM
hi everyone. been reading the forum for a while now. sorry if this post is in the wrong place but its the one i always read. i was thinking of posting a few hands here. the thing i would like to know is how to use the hand converter with poker tracker, like the hands i see here with just the basics of the hand. could anyone please give me a basic step by step process on how to do this. thanks.neil....

toss
04-18-2005, 06:28 PM
Before you start posting hands it might be a good idea to post responses to existing hands. Believe it or not, its an even better way to improve your skills.

atnels
04-18-2005, 06:30 PM
The easiest way is to just click the "converter" link you see next to most hand posts. This will take you to the hand converter URL BisonBison (a veteran 2+2er) built. Copy and paste the hand history from whatever site you use into the "Input" window, then click "Convert." Then copy the text results from the "Output" window and paste them into your 2+2 post. There are other options you can play with, but that's the basics.

A good idea is to use the "I want to preview my post" option here in the post window to look at how it's going to come out. That way you can identify and fix any problems.

Welcome to the forums!

atnels
04-18-2005, 06:33 PM
Yes, this is true. Also, you might want to become familiar with the searching capabilities the site has. Believe it or not, people have raised AKo preflop and flopped overcards 67,355,432 times in the history of limit hold'em before you did. In the time it took me to type this, it is now 67,355,486.

nh5150
04-18-2005, 06:57 PM
thanks for the replies guys. i understand about copying, pasting into the converter etc. when i bring up a hand history on poker tracker it looks like a novel. how do you get it to the short version you see on the forums?

Saint_D
04-18-2005, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thanks for the replies guys. i understand about copying, pasting into the converter etc. when i bring up a hand history on poker tracker it looks like a novel. how do you get it to the short version you see on the forums?

[/ QUOTE ]

Er, the converter is what shortens it. Paste it into a post and hit "preview".

I highly recomend you reply to 200 posts before you post one. I know digging through the old posts to find the gems from the trash is a drag, so just play along with the hands that do get posted.

-D

aK13
04-18-2005, 08:18 PM
http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi

Just click on the hand in poker tracker, and then copy/paste the text into the converter above, and copy the output and paste it into a forum post.

Replying to 200 posts is a lot (I only have 180ish and I've posted a couple hands already), but definitely stick to the /images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif rule, where you reply to 5+ posts a day, as it really really helps your game.