PDA

View Full Version : How Much Edge Do I Lose By Having SnG ADD?

KramerTM
04-18-2005, 06:14 PM
Here's my issue. I've been playing at the 20+2 SnGs at PP. My results have been, well, erratic to say the least. I started off hot but have been in a two week rut since. As far as I can tell, there are no NEW leaks in my game. IMO, it seems like an abundance of bad beats lately, but of course that opinion may be very biased and ignorant.

Here is one possible leak. I 4-table, but have an inability to really pay attention to the games I am in. Which is to say, I basically only look at the open windows when they beep and pop up because I have a hand. Otherwise, I am watching TV, surfing the web, or reading 2+2 posts. So how much edge am I losing by really having no assessment of any of the players at my tables while I play?

spentrent
04-18-2005, 06:56 PM
1) No one can quantify the edge you're losing by saying "Oh, not paying attention? That's 3.6% off your ROI!"

2) If you FEEL you're losing something, then you probably are!

(This post made as I 4-table with massive overlap /images/graemlins/wink.gif )

Blarg
04-18-2005, 07:46 PM
If you're playing way above the level of your games, maybe effectively none of it. If you're a roughly break-even player or only beat the games for a little bit, perhaps effectively all of it.

zaphod
04-18-2005, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) No one can quantify the edge you're losing by saying "Oh, not paying attention? That's 3.6% off your ROI!"

2) If you FEEL you're losing something, then you probably are!

(This post made as I 4-table with massive overlap /images/graemlins/wink.gif )

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, not paying attention? That's 3.6% off your ROI!

spentrent
04-18-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's actually 3.42% off but I didn't want to get into details. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

zaphod
04-18-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's actually 3.42% off but I didn't want to get into details. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

He is not paying attention anyway so he won't notice.

valenzuela
04-18-2005, 09:13 PM
I propose multi-tabling and play like 700 and find out urself.

KramerTM
04-18-2005, 09:56 PM
Least helpful responses ever.

I obviously was not looking for a quantified answer. Just a mention of how important you feel assessing players is in the 20+2 SnGs.

Benholio
04-18-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Least helpful responses ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

You haven't been reading these boards long, have you?

stupidsucker
04-18-2005, 10:54 PM
Allow me to be of some assistance(I still reserve the right to be a smartass).

Are you giving up some roi? Yes.
How much? Doesnt really matter.

In my experiance you are only asking this question because of a recent "two week rut". Two weeks means how many games exactly?

Let me finish by saying you are better off not worriing about it. If you like to pay attention to other things when you play then do so. Most of us do. As soon as you start trying to pay attention to every little read then you can ask us how much roi you lose by being too stressed.

take a toke or a drink... relax...You are better of 4tabling and surfing $/hr wise then you are singling and not paying attention to ANYTHING except THAT SNG.

Honestly, its just not anything to worry about. Play ABC and fire up 8 tables.