PDA

View Full Version : How to Sell a Computer?

i wanna be me
04-18-2005, 06:13 PM
Figured I could use the knowledge of people on this site to help me:

Just bought (2 months ago) a brand new eMac (1.25GHz Power PC G4) with the standard stuff (256MB RAM, standard OS X and mouse/keyboard, CD-RW and DVD-R, etc.). I love the computer, but running Virtual PC on it, along with PokerTracker and poker tables just doesn't seem to be doing it for me. Mac >>> PC IMO, but this is one of those times where I have to take my medicine.

How do I sell this bad boy? I know I'm going to take a hit on the sale of it, but I'm willing to absorb it cause of my mistake. I just don't know the best way to do it - eBay or another way.

If anyone out there has done this before, I'd love your input. Thanks for your help.

wanna

p.s. I'm already aware of the idiocy of buying Mac for poker /images/graemlins/wink.gif

i wanna be me
04-18-2005, 08:36 PM
bump

bennyk
04-18-2005, 08:40 PM
ebay, craigslist, or get a cheap PC for poker and keep the mac for work if you like it so much.

bk

i wanna be me
04-18-2005, 08:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ebay, or get a cheap PC for poker and keep the mac for work if you like it so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks - is it pretty easy to sell computers on eBay?

bennyk
04-18-2005, 08:53 PM
it's pretty easy to sell anything on ebay yeah...

make sure you quote a shipping & handling price when you do it, or agree to charge the winner the real price.

also, you'll want to do a full system restore and reformat of the machine to remove your personal info...

i edited my post to show craigslist.org - this might be easier if you want to sell it locally and not bother with packing/shipping the thing.

bk

i wanna be me
04-18-2005, 08:59 PM
thanks man - i think they have a program on ebay to remove my personal info right? they have S&H info on ebay I'm sure. thanks again.

anyone else have any experience selling comps on ebay?