PDA

View Full Version : How do I know when it's time to move up?

sethypooh21
04-18-2005, 06:11 PM
Both from a skill and bankroll standpoint.

I consistently beat the party 1/2 for a good long while before moving to the stars 2/4 about 9 weeks ago. Since then I've done pretty well winning (90% certain above 2bb/1000) over almost 90k hands, 5-tabling.

Should my next step be the party 5? I guess I'm a little concerned about being psychologically ready for that game, because as much as I try to think in terms of 'betting units', a normal downswing being dropping a full dime seems like it maight wear on me. I've thought of trying to move to the Stars 3/6 for a while so that the jump doesn't seem quite as big in terms of actual $. However, I really haven't stuck there because A) that game sucks compares to the 2/4 and B) not realy a whole lot of game selection. (Oft-times there are fewer then 5 tables running.)

Anyone have any advice for me?

J.R.
04-18-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess I'm a little concerned about being psychologically ready for that game

[/ QUOTE ]

what are we supposed to do? U might win "a lot", u might lose "a lot", u might run breakeven for awhile. But we know you are thoughtful and study the game, which is more effort than @ 90% of 5-10 6maxers exert so your chances are probably good.

Man up. take your lumps and move down if you have to, u presumably have an ample roll and whatever anybody tells you re: your ability to beat the 5-10 is just wild guess, the only way to start to know is to try.

zephed56
04-18-2005, 06:23 PM
Try another site's 3/6 SH?