PDA

View Full Version : plo hand - 2nd set

nicky g
11-05-2002, 02:05 PM
thought i posted this on friday, but i appear to have lost it... anyway:
$50 max plo hand on paradise. had played for about 20 mins when this came up. this was a while ago so the details aren't all there. i limp after several others with jjxx in late position. 5 or 6 see a flop which was j x x, something very ragged like j 6 2, rainbow. so i have the nuts, top set, and there's precious few draws out there. checked to me, i bet the pot ($3). only the big blind calls. the turn is a king, completing the rainbow. only trip kings beats me now, thought there is a straight draw. bb checks, i bet pot $9) he checkraises the pot $27, which leaves me with about $15 more.

what would you do?

Jimbo
11-05-2002, 06:35 PM
Is this a trick question? You go all in! You must have him drawing either dead or nearly dead (I would put him on KJ here, extremely unlikely he has a set of kings). I suppose he may have a big wrap but I would still want all my money in the pot on the turn.

Jimbo

11-05-2002, 09:11 PM
1st off I posted on Friday and my posts disappeared also. I agree with the last poster- shove it all in. However, my question is what value did you see in JJXX to begin with? PLO is a game of draws and you virtually have a one dimensional hand with JJXX.

nicky g
11-06-2002, 06:42 AM
you are right about the poor value of jjxx... it was a long time ago so it may have had some extra value, but i don't remember. will wait for a few more replies before posting results.

pluralizer
11-06-2002, 07:53 AM
All-in ofcourse, cant fold that set against someone drawing on flop, he would prolly raise with KK on that flop..i guess he got KJ or the straight draw..
(but ofcourse he had KK, otherwise u wouldent post it /forums/images/icons/wink.gif)

nicky g
11-06-2002, 11:57 AM
of course you are right. i went all-in and he had a set of kings. he'd called on the flop with nothing but an overpair (he had no other draw, two pair, or anything). however, i thought at the time and still think i should have folded (and almost did); even though it's massively unlikely for him to hit have hit a two-outer to beat me, the only reasonable hands he could act with that way is a set of kings or a very big wrap.

Matt Flynn
11-06-2002, 01:43 PM
I agree with folding preflop and going all in on the turn. Too bad it was online - hard to get a good read over the internet, even with broadband.

11-06-2002, 03:07 PM
Remember, in Omaha, if it's possible, it's probable. Yes...you will fold the winning hand occasionally, but usually if someone makes a big bet, they have the nuts or a nut draw-sometimes both.

Timmy

Mark W
11-06-2002, 03:33 PM
the third message from annon was from me. Not that I am saying my name makes it more important, which it does not, its just that I do not like annon posts.

Thank you