PDA

View Full Version : Acceptable play heads up 10+1?

KyleOlson
04-18-2005, 05:54 PM
Second hand heads up. I had just doubled up when my opponent limped in with an ace and I hit a pair on the flop. Now I wanted to push him a little bit, but that's not how it worked out.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (2 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t4600)
BB (t3400)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1000</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t2000</font>, Hero calls t1000.

Flop: (t4000) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t1400 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls t1400.

1C5
04-18-2005, 05:56 PM
That could be the worst played heads up hand I have ever seen.

1C5
04-18-2005, 05:56 PM
PS, welcome to the forum.

Apathy
04-18-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed very very hard for some reason when I read this, seriously though, at least you (OP) didnt fold the flop.

microbet
04-18-2005, 06:16 PM
The call on the flop was good.

Preflop fold. Perhaps you felt like taking a chance with the raise to 1000, well, Columbus took a chance, why not you? It didn't work, so fold to the raise.

KyleOlson
04-18-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really not sure it's the worst hand ever. But follow my logic here and tell me why I'm crazy. I rarely just raise with any two cards heads up, but I've been pretty tight the whole game and I didn't want my opponent to get comfortable. When my opponent reraises and doesn't reraise all in I have problem. I could easily fold to an all in raise and move on, but with the little raise the question is, what is my opponent holding:

1. 2 random cards
2. Something big.

I felt like he was holding two random cards and I decided to make the call. The pot in offering me 3:1, so it seems like the right call against two random cards. This is where I have the problem with the hand. I don't get out of line very often and I wasn't sure what to do here. Let's say that you have raised with any two random cards from this position. You get a min raise back, do you just fold with these pot odds?

valenzuela
04-18-2005, 06:32 PM
I would push or fold, either one is acceptable IMHO.(my pushing range: PP,Ax,Kx,Qx,J8+,anything suited.)

KyleOlson
04-18-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The pot in offering me 3:1

[/ QUOTE ]

Replying to myself, The pot's probably not offering me 3:1 to 1. My opponent is looking pretty commited to this pot at this point and doesn't have much choice but to push on the flop (unless he really hits something) and I'm probably commiting myself to call. That's about 2:1, and that seems like it should be easy to fold.

But that's assuming I have to call on the flop, and I'm not sure that that's true.

zipppy
04-18-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm really not sure it's the worst hand ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

um, aside from the token "72o", how many hands are worse to raise and call a reraise with?

[ QUOTE ]

But follow my logic here and tell me why I'm crazy. I rarely just raise with any two cards heads up, but I've been pretty tight the whole game and I didn't want my opponent to get comfortable. When my opponent reraises and doesn't reraise all in I have problem. I could easily fold to an all in raise and move on, but with the little raise the question is, what is my opponent holding:

1. 2 random cards
2. Something big.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the time I don't think people usually min raise with random cards at this stage in an SNG. What's the point? a min raise is either going to get called or reraised allin. I think you're behind or very behind.

[ QUOTE ]

I felt like he was holding two random cards and I decided to make the call. The pot in offering me 3:1, so it seems like the right call against two random cards. This is where I have the problem with the hand. I don't get out of line very often and I wasn't sure what to do here. Let's say that you have raised with any two random cards from this position. You get a min raise back, do you just fold with these pot odds?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was raised back (min or otherwise) I would fold and live to push another day.

prepotency
04-18-2005, 08:37 PM
fold to the reraise and use your tight image when he pushes at you next hand

Phil Van Sexton
04-18-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed very very hard for some reason when I read this, seriously though, at least you (OP) didnt fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]