PDA

View Full Version : Job Dilemma

James Boston
04-18-2005, 05:28 PM
Just a question for those who have had a similar experience. I don't think the specifics matter, but would you rather take a job offer that was guaranteed to pay you alot more than you're currently making, or pass it up and start over pursuing your goals from scratch? Assume that your goals will eventually lead to both money and a job you really like, but the offer just leads to money.

Benal
04-18-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
rather take a job offer that was guaranteed to pay you alot more than you're currently making

[/ QUOTE ]

pshreck
04-18-2005, 05:32 PM
Assuming this isnt theoretical in that you dont actually get 'time wasted' back, then this is an easy no. Starting from scratch I would have done college a lot differently and would probably be pursuing different things now, but the last 4 years of my life are what they are, and I have to go with what is best for me now.

snowbank
04-18-2005, 08:09 PM
Just a question for those who have had a similar experience. I don't think the specifics matter, but would you rather take a job offer that was guaranteed to pay you alot more than you're currently making, or pass it up and start over pursuing your goals from scratch? Assume that your goals will eventually lead to both money and a job you really like, but the offer just leads to money.

Go for your goals. Money is easy to make. Do what you want to do.